Lt. Commander
# 21
02-27-2012, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
I get it that QA and Foundry bugs should be easily searchable by teams, although I honestly can't remember the last time that I felt like a team was paying attention to the foundry bugs forum. Maybe they are just stealthy?
They are just stealthy. I was amazed how much info the devs had from the forums when I talked to them.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-27-2012, 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commadore_Bob
They are just stealthy. I was amazed how much info the devs had from the forums when I talked to them.
That is reassuring, since the last time they acknowledged a bug was 2/07, when the bug was connected with a DS9 revamp for the FE, if I'm seeing it correctly.

Anyways, off topic. I agree that all these sub-forums are overkill. Please fix.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-27-2012, 05:53 PM
Nonsense to one MMO player is community building for others. Ten Forward has a well-bonded community that goes back two years. I think that if the player's have bonded enough to keep threads like, say, Homsikpanda going in Ten Forward that it should be left alone. If that's nonsense to you? Simply don't click it again.

And, yes. A Roleplay subforum would be most welcomed by this player. I got a strong back. I can take it.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-27-2012, 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
Still. it would be a place of our own. a place to communicate, and that is important because as it is right now there really isn't a central way to communicate. The Pros out weigh the Cons, and if someone wants to be a jerk... well we have an ignore function for a reason.

Plus if we fear them and not have it because of that fear. Those people we don't want win now don't they.
we use to have a place to call our own, but it got merged into 10forward per-launch.

It would be nice where you could build a community feeling that is not a fleet.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-27-2012, 09:22 PM
Thanks for the replies. Glad to see momentum here and response from staff.
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-13-2012, 12:45 PM
Is there any update on this? Are any of these structure changes being discussed and/or worked?
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-13-2012, 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
I agree.

The only thing these sub-forums do is make PVPers, Foundry folks, fleets, and Klingons feel even more isolated from the general players, dev attention, and the STO community at large.

Bring the community together, instead of segregating us to our own geek basements.
PVPers and Klingons already feel isolated from the general players.*

*Disclaimer: While PVPers and Klingons are normally synonymous, a distinction has been made to include the few Feds that brave PVP but rarely queue as they don't enjoy dying repeatedly.**

**Secondary Disclaimer: It is impossible for Federation players to feel isolated in any way in this game.