Lt. Commander
It would be extremely useful if it were possible to choose a player's first officer or one of their department heads as the "costume" for a particular dialogue when making a Foundry mission. Not to mention the fact that it would allow for a wider variety of options to use when making dialogue that uses a player's bridge officers.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-27-2012, 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatAnnoyingKitsune
It would be extremely useful if it were possible to choose a player's first officer or one of their department heads as the "costume" for a particular dialogue when making a Foundry mission. Not to mention the fact that it would allow for a wider variety of options to use when making dialogue that uses a player's bridge officers.
I hope I'm not misunderstanding you. You can do this. Select costume of the dialogue and select the BOs. You can use the player's BOs as the dialogues.

Ah, wait, do you mean integration with the doff system?
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-27-2012, 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
I hope I'm not misunderstanding you. You can do this. Select costume of the dialogue and select the BOs. You can use the player's BOs as the dialogues.

Ah, wait, do you mean integration with the doff system?
Wow, it was that hard to figure out what I meant? That's some poor writing I did, then... What I said was First Officer and Department Heads as new options. Not the existing BOff positions currently available for use in the Foundry. So yes, DOff integration since that's all First Officer and Deparment Heads are for at the moment.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-27-2012, 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatAnnoyingKitsune
Wow, it was that hard to figure out what I meant? That's some poor writing I did, then... What I said was First Officer and Department Heads as new options. Not the existing BOff positions currently available for use in the Foundry. So yes, DOff integration since that's all First Officer and Deparment Heads are for at the moment.

Sorry, I still haven't learned doff stuff, due to a long absence from the game and little desire to play Cryptic content.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-28-2012, 01:28 AM
if the STO wiki is correct about the upcomming content, then around March they will revamp the Department Head of the DOff system, giving us stuff we can use outside DOff like New Abilities for each Dep. Head, an Extra Universal Slot, and possibly more. So if they are going to add Dep. Heads as contacts for Foundry Missions, I would say it will be implimented shortly after the revamp

http://www.stowiki.org/Upcoming_content
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-29-2012, 12:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
Sorry, I still haven't learned doff stuff, due to a long absence from the game and little desire to play Cryptic content.
Don't worry about it. Sorry if I came off sounding harsh there, didn't mean to. As for the DOff system, you can select some of your bridge officers to be department heads (science, medical, engineering, operations, security, and tactical) and one to be your first officer. Currently they don't do anything special other than give (sometimes bad) DOff mission recommendations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MingTran
if the STO wiki is correct about the upcomming content, then around March they will revamp the Department Head of the DOff system, giving us stuff we can use outside DOff like New Abilities for each Dep. Head, an Extra Universal Slot, and possibly more. So if they are going to add Dep. Heads as contacts for Foundry Missions, I would say it will be implimented shortly after the revamp

http://www.stowiki.org/Upcoming_content
I sure hope that's the case. I would be very disappointed if they didn't think of that in time to add it. Shouldn't it be relatively simple? Then again...
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-29-2012, 09:52 AM
Count me in for this. It certainly would help a lot with story telling.

As an extra bonus, it would be fantastic if we could have a pre-set scene in the ship's conference room with the captain seated at the head of the table, the First Officer to his immediate right, and the rest spread down the table from there. Or, at the least, a way to easily construct such a scene. I know that's probably a bit of work to do for something that wouldn't be used that often, but it's something.