Lt. Commander
# 1 Weapon for tac grnd
02-27-2012, 10:20 AM
It seems that tac captains on ground usually do better with exploit weapons. Is this more of a player choice? Reason is that my Kdf toon is tac, and the HG stf weapon is the pulsewave (shotgun), which is an expose weapon. Also, if I have the HG set, and switch to my alternate weapon, will I still have the full set bonus?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-27-2012, 10:48 AM
As long as you have it equipped, you get the bonus. It can be your alternate weapon.

(But I thought pulsewaves were exploit. Hmm. I'm going to have to double check now).
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-27-2012, 10:51 AM
Well, I can't speak for other tacs, but i do pretty well with my sniper rifle (crafted, purple Mk. XI Phaser). Though since I use melee secondary, I don't pay much attention to flexibility in weapons, which the sniper rifle lacks (On the other side is its secondary a hard hitting single bolt with a lot of range, which is quite handy against the Borg). In thighter situations where the sniper isnt viable, I always melee, especially against well shielded enemies is that the best option anyway imo.

I tried a lot of different weapons, but the sniper suits me best. But thats a playstyle-based decision. And I guess at the end, you go best with whatever weapon suits you best. (Well multiple shot weapons aren't ideal against Borg, but for that you can carry 2).
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-27-2012, 02:27 PM
I use a sniper Rille plus by B'lathath. on my eng. klink.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-28-2012, 06:07 AM
I find my Antiproton Pulseweave to be very good, especially for clumped mobs. Me and my 2 tac boffs usually open with grenades, then I run forward and give them a secondary blast. Usually only stronger mobs survive this. One of my tac boffs is carrying pulseweave too (with Kb3 modifier - sometimes mobs fly several meters away). I guess I just like big numbers floating
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-28-2012, 06:25 AM
Actually, the KHG Rifle neither exposes, nor exploits. The grenade function also conflicts with tactical characters own grenade cooldowns, making it a poor choice for them.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-01-2012, 09:42 PM
wise or not i like miniguns with the sniper as a secondary