Lt. Commander
Hi there.

I run on my Defiant-R tetrion guns. Now the obvious question is, how is the proc computed ?

So far I could gather that for plasma guns lower rof is better, since the proc starts ticking at +1 and not at "0" (and thus overwriting the tick resulting in damage loss).

But what are the formulas behind guns with an instant proc ? (phaser, polaron, tetrion ?) Dual cannons somehow draw more energy from your power supply compared to DHC's. But would it be worth it ?

Has every single pulse the same chance to trigger ?

tia
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-27-2012, 06:34 AM
Every time you shoot each shot has the same opportunity. The phaser proc of disabling sub-systems you can't see unless you are the one being shot at (also borg are immune) and the Tetryon proc only works on shields and has no impact on the hull. In stfs there are a lot of devices and ships that don't have shields so the tetryon proc is useless for those. another invisible proc is the borg radiation. Same thing there but it does not have any visuals. it just adds 1000 dmg to the shot.

Plasma is the main proc that lets you know that its working and it stacks. most players are plasma resistant so it is not a good choice in pvp. the borg are not plasma resistant. If you use borg plasma Dual Cannons then you will have a double proc on the borg.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-27-2012, 06:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurigas View Post
how is the proc computed ?
Power released on contact would infer a successful hit as in other games?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-27-2012, 07:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uus
Power released on contact would infer a successful hit as in other games?
Fine, to paraphrase it: Do 3x heavy cannons result in more procs then 3 dual heavy cannons per minute ?
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-27-2012, 07:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurigas View Post
Fine, to paraphrase it: Do 3x heavy cannons result in more procs then 3 dual heavy cannons per minute ?
Well from what I seen, just made a ew char, a tact using dual cannons, from firing 1 dual on the front, I see 2 figures, there rarely the same and if one crits, dosnt mean the other does. So if crits proc seperate on each of the twin shots. I'd assume procs do also.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-27-2012, 08:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrorize89
Well from what I seen, just made a ew char, a tact using dual cannons, from firing 1 dual on the front, I see 2 figures, there rarely the same and if one crits, dosnt mean the other does. So if crits proc seperate on each of the twin shots. I'd assume procs do also.
My mistake, checked, the 2 shots equal 1 figure between them, so i'd say that they proc the same as single cannons
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-28-2012, 07:16 AM
Turrets proc the most, DC proc more than DHC and Single Cannons the chance of the most procs is DC with Turrets. or an all turret build.