Lt. Commander
# 101
02-27-2012, 01:53 PM
I would like to know what are the short-term plans and long-range discussions about expanding the Commendation system throughout the game?

When will missions be able to award CXP besides just Diplomatic?

Will more of the Commendation tiers get special abilities, like the Diplomatic and Marauder get with the Transwarp/Sector Immunity? Unlock special costumes/items?

Will the Foundry ever be able to leverage the Commendation system (to recognize ranks or flag a reward of CXP based on an author-set mission type)?

Any other cool game mechanics in the works that would be related to Commendation or the Duty Officer system?

How far off is the Department Head/First Officer system that was talked about?
Lt. Commander
# 102
02-27-2012, 01:53 PM
Any idea if we will have Mars and the other solar system planets available anytime in the near future?
Lt. Commander
# 103
02-27-2012, 01:55 PM
Rumor has it that an app might be in the works to manage the Doff system from smart phones and tablets. Is there any official word on this being true?
Lt. Commander
# 104
Any chance of that Torpedo Re-Balance pass we heard about so long ago?
Lt. Commander
# 105 Mac
Will STO be coming to mac users anytime soon?
Lt. Commander
I think it would be cool to have some role play game play as bridge officers during combat situations, with friends all on one ship, to get that shipboard combat experience like we've all seen in the tv and movie episodes. Any chance of that coming any time soon?

Thanks.

Jim Ward
Lt. Commander
# 107
02-27-2012, 01:57 PM
Will there be any changes to the way we rank up?

I feel the leveling system and the ranks should be seperate. I think the ranks should be accolade based.
Leveling should stay the way it is now 1 - 50 and each increase in ten levels gives you access to a new tier of weaponary.

However the tier of ship you use is tied in to the rank you achieve through accolades.
The rank you obtain should have a system where you have to have certain accolades to be a lieutenant and different ones again to go higher and higher.
Lt. Commander
# 108
02-27-2012, 01:57 PM
Can you tell us anything about camera/cut scene tools being developed for Foundry authors? Is that still a long-term goal that has yet to be worked on, or is it something that is actively being worked on?

The object icons in the Foundry make building complex sets incredibly frustrating. Can we hope to see the problem fixed? The ability to turn these icons off, seeing the old green squares instead, would be great.

In the conference call with Brandon, Jeremy R. said something along the lines of: "I could be wrong, but I think with the new code base, if something is in the game, it will also be available in the Foundry." Is this correct, and, if so, can you say more about such a massive expansion of assets?
Lt. Commander
# 109
02-27-2012, 01:58 PM
When will new content / design tools be added to the Foundry? Any updates coming down the pipe, and what can Foundry authors look forward to?
Lt. Commander
# 110 Time Travel questions....
02-27-2012, 01:58 PM
Loving the game and the way it is set up as episodes in a series. My Question is can or will there be more content that will alow there to be time travel and crossover into more series, Every series and even a few movies had time travel Could we maybe see Crossover into minor events in each series that could crossover into the story line maybe showing how things have been being manipulated for centuries..... Also now that we can buy 21st century formal could we maybe travel to the 21st to stop something or something.........
Closed Thread