Lt. Commander
I fly a Nebula Class Refit; I am experimenting with doing a fleet support build; mainly heals. I know, I know, newbie move! But hey, its an experiment in fun factor!

Anyway, I wanted to improve my shield tanking ability, so I got myself a nice MK XI purple shield Generator. My shield Strength with the Aegis Shield set was, before equipping this Field Generator, in the 9,000 range. For simplicity well just say 9,000. Any-who

However, after equipping the field generator, I did not see the expected change in my Shield Strength. My question is: where can I see the actual change to my shield strength? Since, I know when I equip armor in my engineering console slots that, that value shows up in my defense statistics on my ship. So where is this 35% maximum shield strength statistical value going as Im not seeing it being attributed? Is this console broken?

I should be seeing my 9,000 shield strength being increase to 12, 150.

Second question: If I had equipped four of these, would that give me the full 140% bonus to my maximum shield Strength, for a total of a whopping 21600?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-28-2012, 12:07 PM
I checked the wiki here: http://www.stowiki.org/Field_Generator

So they no longer Stack, that is fine, as to the first question... where is it that we see the added bonus? It isn't being shown in the Defense statistics on my ship after I equip it.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-28-2012, 12:11 PM
Some modifiers only activate when your in a zone that can use them, for instance the ship power bonus' only activate in solar space. Best bet is to go to a zone that could have combat, such as the sb 24 space zone, zone in and look at your stats.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-28-2012, 12:23 PM
Just go to Sol System / Deep Space K-7 (not on the station, in the space map) or Deep Space Nine (not on the station, in the space map).
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-28-2012, 12:25 PM
Ok, that solved it. Thanks guys! I was equiping it on the Station and was like, WTH isn't it working. lol.