Lt. Commander
ok, heres what i'm trying to do

in Dialog, i have a Failure and a Success devision

i want the Failure to go to one objective, that is to fight some enemies, but i want the other, to safely not get attacked by them.

i'm having a problem on trying to make those choices go to certain objective, is there a way to do this? or this feature is not in Foundry yet
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-27-2012, 06:26 PM
You can't do it via Objective.

What you can do is have an enemy group spawn based on a dialogue prompt reached trigger in the dialogue. The dialogue will have to be placed on the map instead of in the storyline.

Also that map dialogue will need to be triggered via Component Complete or Component Reached as Objective Complete and Objective In Progress triggers are currently bugged in regards to dialogues.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-27-2012, 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
You can't do it via Objective.

What you can do is have an enemy group spawn based on a dialogue prompt reached trigger in the dialogue. The dialogue will have to be placed on the map instead of in the storyline.

Also that map dialogue will need to be triggered via Component Complete or Component Reached as Objective Complete and Objective In Progress triggers are currently bugged in regards to dialogues.
all right, thanks for that
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-27-2012, 06:35 PM
This is something that can be accomplished but not via actual story objectives.

There is not story branching at all in that sense.

However you can use triggers and map dialogs to acheive this outcome.

What you need to do is to trigger a map-type dialogue to appear to replace the Talk with NPC objective that you currently have. In this map dialog branch the discussion out and classify each branch into the mob that you want to spawn or not spawn.

For every branch that you want to spawn a mob on (they don't have to be the same) add a new NPC group that is triggered to appear 'On Dialog Prompt complete' set to the last prompt on each of the branches (so the enemies don't attack until you finish talking.

However to really make it work you have to somehow prevent the player from moving on in the story without being able to ignore the talk to NPC.

There are two ways to do this... put up a forcefield or blocked door that won't come down until the map dialog is completed (though this may not be appropriate for all missions - you may also try using an invisible wall) or perhaps the best way is to make the object you use to trigger the map dialog an objective interact.

If you have any questions about how to actually do this... come and visit us on IRC server irc.geekshed.net, channel #starbaseugc. or via the chat page on StarbaseUGC.com.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-27-2012, 07:34 PM
Parts 4 through 7 of my triggers tutorials should teach you what you need to know to do something like this. In the end, you'll have to have a shared common objective regardless of the multiple pathing.

Please check out the triggers stuff:

http://starbaseugc.com/index.php/noo...torials-guide/