Lt. Commander
I am being dead serious. Can anyone say something good about this game without the obligatory "I like this but..."? Is like this thread to be dedicated to that. There are plenty of QQ threads out there, you can even start your own. For this thread let's hear the stuff cryptic has gotten right - and that's it. I'm not being forced to play this game and I certainly haven't bought a game that has kept me this entertained for this long - ever. I feel no need to spend any money on it but have chosen to. So, with that, I will start:
The space combat is intense and easily, hands down, my number one favorite part of this game. There's just so much to learn. I've never played a game where I strived to be better at it.
Some of the missions I have played have been freaking intense and I loved them. I typically don't enjoy replaying missions but the vault, the assault on DS9 and coleseum (ive know that isn't spelled right bit I blame my phone and dyslexia) come to mind.
The foundry seems like the coolest idea ever for an online game. I am saving that for later, if I ever get bored shooting borg for dil.
All in all I feel the balance is pretty darn good for free to play. I don't feel I need to play to win and that makes spending money on the game feel like i am supporting it rather than trying to get a foot up.
The look of the game is pretty impressive and I feel it will only get better. The architecture in the vault was just WOW. I spent ten minutes just flying around outside.
So that's what I got in the small amount of time I have for my break. Anyone else want to show some positive feedback?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-27-2012, 07:59 PM
its a good place to spend money and rage vent.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-27-2012, 08:06 PM
Things I like in a nutshell, numbered not for "ranking which I like best" but for the sake of it.

1) Featured Episodes/Remastered Missions
2) Space Combat
3) Ground Combat 2.0
4) Duty Officers
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-27-2012, 08:11 PM
I like making different looking characters, designing ships, and playing with friends
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-27-2012, 10:15 PM
I got this game a couple of weeks ago, I've logged about 80 hours in it so far, and I'm having a great time! I just got to Captain last night and unlocked my Galaxy Class, which I'm currently getting the feel for. I like the character customisations available, being able to name your own ship was a big plus, and the story has proved engaging so far (just finished the Klingon War storyline).
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-27-2012, 10:29 PM
I get to be IN Star Trek.

That is all.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-27-2012, 10:32 PM
It was good. Until PWE -induced changes for F2P.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-27-2012, 10:43 PM
1) I get to fly around in the Star Trek Universe
2) I get to fight the Borg
3) I've done a favour for Bones, Scotty and Spock
4) I've travelled in time
5) big shiny Odyssey
6) Duty officers
7) the graphics
8) Featured Episodes
9) Ground combat
10) I've travelled to the Klingon hell
11) I've saved Sisko
12) I've met the Prophets
Etc
Etc
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-27-2012, 10:49 PM
I like the fact that the Drozana Station mission block exists as it was incredibly well designed. I was dragged through a dark, grungy horror shooter game, a Star Trek style Rainbow Six (in the past) dynamic puzzle dungeon, and battled alongside Spock in space.

You cannot tell me that you didn't love Drozana Station.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-27-2012, 11:10 PM
So many character and ship options

You get to chase fish in the new bajoran pool

They keep improving the game

You can eat the fish you catch

You get to play as a pretty trill

They charge you for restocking the pool
Closed Thread