Lt. Commander
# 1 Cannot get on HOLODECK
02-27-2012, 08:33 PM
Ok, I was playing earlier today (been fine for 2 yrs) and got on just now and the launcher runs, does it's patch check, and I hit "Engage". Window pops up and says "Cryptic Game Launcher has stopped working". It searches for a solution. I assume it finds none and then says the launcher must be closed.

Any idea why this has suddenly started to happen?
Rebooting my PC makes no difference.
Turning off my firewall makes no difference.

Game launched just fine 2 hours ago, now it does not.

I don't see anything new in the crash or errors text files And the pcl text file looks like it shows the same things it's got lists for from earlier launches?

There is a new file dated from the time I tried launching: CRYPTICERROR.EXE-C1089250.pf
I am unable to read this one with notepad.

Addition.... I can launch to Tribble Server (long time on Loading screen) but can't get on Holodeck

Another addition... Uninstalled and reinstalled STO. Same thing. Can't get onto Holodeck but Tribble will come up. Why?!?
And just because... I made a Ticket # when Tribble came up: # 26,777
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-27-2012, 09:38 PM
I wonder if it's this new patch that has been installed. My launcher came up by itself and started applying the patch. makes me think "Oh boy. What's going to be screwed up now?"
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-27-2012, 09:43 PM
Fatal Error : Unable to initialize on demand patching and connect to Patch server.
This is what my been doing all day. I can not get on at all.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-27-2012, 09:57 PM
It sounds like old hat but try dropping your firewall.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-27-2012, 09:59 PM
Same problem here. Was in the middle of the foundry, got booted and now the Patcher won't connect.

I don't know if it's another East Coast problem (which caused disconnects the other day) or if it's Cryptic's equipment. But there are too many server problems lately.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-27-2012, 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman12291969
It sounds like old hat but try dropping your firewall.
Yes, as stated in my original post, I turned off the firewall (SOP) and tried it. Same thing.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-28-2012, 11:38 AM
Still can't get on Holodeck server. Anyone have any ideas?
Did Cryptic change anything yesterday afternoon?
I was on in the afternoon, ate dinner, watched some TV, tried to log on and can't get on.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game client, and get same issue. I'm having a hard time believing it's my PC since it was working fine 2hrs earlier and I did reinstall the game. And I can get on Tribble.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-28-2012, 01:15 PM
I've noticed that over the past month every time they update something and we download a patch, a lot of the time it'll affect the game client and you'll have to add yet another exception to your firewall. I'm sorry, I didn't read through the entire posting here, so if you mentioned that you disabled your firewall, I apologize, however, I do feel that you should attempt to do that in order to test this. I'm fairly confident that's the issue you're experiencing and by doing this, you should be able to get into the game.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-28-2012, 01:34 PM
I've been having this problem too so I tried running the client by itself (yes we can still do that) and it seems to be timing out when connecting to the account server. So that maybe part of the problem.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-28-2012, 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbomb99
I've been having this problem too so I tried running the client by itself (yes we can still do that) and it seems to be timing out when connecting to the account server. So that maybe part of the problem.
Yeah, I've tried running GameClient file too, but after I enter my ID and PW I get the same thing. Account Server timeout. Is there someplace I can get the game launcher downloaded? I've uninstalled and reinstalled STO 3 times and it STILL gives me this error.

Is there some registry key I need to kill off?
Closed Thread