Lt. Commander
# 11
02-28-2012, 05:05 PM
Having same problem. I press "ENGAGE" and nothing happens. Opened GameClient file directly, login and time out. :l
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-28-2012, 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbomb99
I've been having this problem too so I tried running the client by itself (yes we can still do that) and it seems to be timing out when connecting to the account server. So that maybe part of the problem.
You cannot run the GameClient.exe file without first connecting to the updater server and expect to play. It will NOT work. There's a handshake that occurs at the updater server that allows the GameClient.exe file to access the game itself.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-29-2012, 08:53 PM
Three days, still can't get on Holodeck. Have no idea why it's not working.
Someone tell my toons I still love them.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-01-2012, 03:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracounguis
Three days, still can't get on Holodeck. Have no idea why it's not working.
Someone tell my toons I still love them.
Same here. I thought it might be fixed by now but still nothing? :\

Hope this is sorted by the weekend for the new featured episode.

Log into launcher, authenticates ok, check patches ok. Click engage button and... nothing. Launcher closes and the game doesn't launch. Not even a splash screen.
Lt. Commander
Since yesterday when I login the game it patches, if needed, then when I press Engage it crashes and shows a Windows message saying "Cryptic Game Launcher has stopped working". It was fine on Monday all day and night then I gave it a rest on Tuesday, now this happens . I want to know what happened and how to fix this. I haven't changed anything on my computer
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-01-2012, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5_Knera_5
Since yesterday when I login the game it patches, if needed, then when I press Engage it crashes and shows a Windows message saying "Cryptic Game Launcher has stopped working". It was fine on Monday all day and night then I gave it a rest on Tuesday, now this happens . I want to know what happened and how to fix this. I haven't changed anything on my computer
Hi there Knera!

You may not have changed anything on your side, however the game itself has been updated quite a bit lately. They (the Devs), may have reissued an update to the GameClient.exe and that will cause your firewall software to reset, as if there wasn't an exception for STO, so it then does what it does best, it keeps the communication from occurring. Granted, that doesn't answer anything for other users, however I'd like for you to disable your firewall and then try to get on. If you can't, let me know, we'll continue to work on this. Otherwise, please let us know if you've managed to get online, so we can narrow this down a bit.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-01-2012, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opaserv View Post
Hi there Knera!

You may not have changed anything on your side, however the game itself has been updated quite a bit lately. They (the Devs), may have reissued an update to the GameClient.exe and that will cause your firewall software to reset, as if there wasn't an exception for STO, so it then does what it does best, it keeps the communication from occurring. Granted, that doesn't answer anything for other users, however I'd like for you to disable your firewall and then try to get on. If you can't, let me know, we'll continue to work on this. Otherwise, please let us know if you've managed to get online, so we can narrow this down a bit.
Thank You, I got the game working now I'm not sure about it but I did a registry clean up and restarted the computer then launched the game, it came back up working.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-01-2012, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5_Knera_5
Thank You, I got the game working now I'm not sure about it but I did a registry clean up and restarted the computer then launched the game, it came back up working.
Good to hear! Good hunting
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-01-2012, 05:26 PM
I too am suffering the same problem,which happened on the 27th of Feb also.

I have uninstalled 2 times,had to manually edit my registry,and it still does not work.
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-01-2012, 10:08 PM
Day 4, still no joy. Just to reiterate...
I can turn off my firewall completly,
I can clean my registry,
I can turn off all non-essential programs,
I can't get onto Holodeck... but can get on to Tribble.
I would assume if it was my firewall, it would stop going to Tribble too?
Closed Thread