Lt. Commander
I tried searching the forums for an answer to this, but to no avail.

I understand that the scaled mission rewards are supposed to give level-appropriate gear for each individual, regardless if the individuals who ran the mission are all different levels.

My question...as noobish as can be....is: Does the gear continue to level up with your character?

Every featured mission until this 4th series all gave bonuses to players who completed the missions as they were being released. Having said that, as a veteran player (though you wouldn't know it from this post lol), I've always been encouraged to run the missions upon release. Previously, I never had issue because I only ran one toon, and he was capped after the first series.

However, I've recently started a new toon, and I'm concerned that I may be wasting drops if I go after the Jem Hadar set right away since my toon is only captain, when ultimately I know that, long-term, my new character will spend waaayyy more time at level cap than as captain.

Obviously, if "scaled rewards" means that the gear levels-up with my toon, then there's no issue. But, if "Scaled rewards" means simply dropping gear too your current level, then I'll just have to wait to complete the missions.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-28-2012, 09:45 AM
Its the latter, they drop according to your current level unless the rank shows as an infinity symbol.

It is still worth getting though as many times you are looking for missions to do to fill in gaps while leveling so doing an FE for your equipment is a good a time waste as any.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-28-2012, 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirlettia
Its the latter, they drop according to your current level unless the rank shows as an infinity symbol.

It is still worth getting though as many times you are looking for missions to do to fill in gaps while leveling so doing an FE for your equipment is a good a time waste as any.
Well its supposd to drop based on rank but i seem to always have to run missions twice to get the right rank. Example. I just ran the first 2800 ep with my levl 42 RA character and they gave my the rifle with a rank of captain. I picked the mission up again and now it shows the reward will be a RA level gun.... same thing happened on my other Vice Ad character
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-29-2012, 12:41 AM
Most of episodes drop gear appropriate to your level. There are some exceptions however. Some missions award gear that actually grows with you. Examples include: breen transphasic cluster torpedo, scorpion fighters, devidian antiproton rifle, triolic pattern enhancer.
As for 2800 eps, its better to do them at max level if you care about gear rewards. Be sure to do it before FE ends in March to get special reward in final episode.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-29-2012, 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by watmo View Post
Well its supposd to drop based on rank but i seem to always have to run missions twice to get the right rank. Example. I just ran the first 2800 ep with my levl 42 RA character and they gave my the rifle with a rank of captain. I picked the mission up again and now it shows the reward will be a RA level gun.... same thing happened on my other Vice Ad character
Did you pick up the mission while you were still Captain, and not complete it until you hit Rear Admiral? That would do it.