Lt. Commander
Always in PvP against Klingons, I get destroyed. I'm in full Mark XI, I've acquired the best abilities I can, but still I get destroyed so easily (I'm a cruiser which uses exclusively defensive abilities).

It takes a Klingon vessel 20 seconds to tear me apart, and if we ever manage to gang up on one, they just speed off and cloak. It's just so frustrating.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-23-2012, 02:58 PM
Outside of cruisers, no. But they have moar P2W.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-23-2012, 03:07 PM
Yes they are. Watch out most have whips and they spank it hard.
I dare you roach to follow this set-up.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-23-2012, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snacks72
Always in PvP against Klingons, I get destroyed. I'm in full Mark XI, I've acquired the best abilities I can, but still I get destroyed so easily (I'm a cruiser which uses exclusively defensive abilities).

It takes a Klingon vessel 20 seconds to tear me apart, and if we ever manage to gang up on one, they just speed off and cloak. It's just so frustrating.
You need moar practice. I highly recommend anyone noobish play in the LT and Commander tiers until you figure out how to take punches.

(I would argue that klingons are easier to play, at least when both sides are inexperienced. Cloak covers for a lot of bad play errors, rapid firing cannons on nearly all ships is simple and hard for newbs to defend against, etc. And playing the support federation is better at requires more skill and teamwork. I don't know how many people would agree with me on that, though.)
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-23-2012, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snacks72

Look at your spec and the timing of defensive skills. Entering combat if you are drawing fire but not a lot EPtS, your lowest level, if being alphaed try TT and EPtS 2 or 3 with a TSS and maybe HE thrown in or an RSp if you have one. Brace For Impact has a nice proc. AS for gear make sure you have a solid set like the borg or in your case the MACO set. Not all MK X/XI gear is made equally. Definitely bind a key re-distribute shield facings is always key.

Start with the above and see how that works for you.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-23-2012, 03:17 PM
No they aren't. They have annoying P2W consoles (some of which are broken and/or overpowered), but overall, it's the sheer multitude of terribad feds that make FvK a pain.

Not passing judgement on OP (no clue who you are), but if you want to get tips on PvP, join the OrganizedPVP channel.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-23-2012, 03:29 PM
its not the ship. seriously. its the player at the controls that make a ship better or worse then another.

take me in my nebula. most people see nebulas and think that dude is a noob.... you get the point right?
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-23-2012, 03:58 PM
Ryant0000 or something also had an awesome Nebula build that takes abit to get used to in order to make it work. That and the mindset of 'I am the anchor for this group. I can tank and dish out healing support. At the same time.'
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-23-2012, 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716 View Post
its not the ship. seriously. its the player at the controls that make a ship better or worse then another.

take me in my nebula. most people see nebulas and think that dude is a noob.... you get the point right?
Wait...im confused...aren't you a noob?
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-23-2012, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallout23 View Post
Wait...im confused...aren't you a noob?
Nooblet its a baby Noob.