Lt. Commander
I just noticed Ihave been using weapons, armor, and shields on some of my bridge officers that are above their rank of commander.

What I have not been able to notice is any negative issues in combat when on away missions with them.

Are there any?

I guess I will need to reoutfit them if there are.

I have also noticed that the gear for commander level seems a bit on the expensive side for the good stuff.

I guess that is because its harder to get once your leveled to Admiral. You can't go back to an easy mission to get what you need for them?

While I am at it I would appreciate any suggestions on what to outfit them with.

I was reading that it is best to give all 4 of them different energy weapon types in order that when the borg adapt they only adapt against one particular weapon type? Is this true? By the same token it is best to carry two energy weapon types yourself because its quicker to switch weapons than it is to remodulate?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-28-2012, 02:23 PM
The level restriction only applies to you not your BOFF's. While their level is only Commander you can outfit them in VA gear with no penalties.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-28-2012, 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBLMCHLD
The level restriction only applies to you not your BOFF's. While their level is only Commander you can outfit them in VA gear with no penalties.
wow. I upgraded all my Boffs with Rare MK-XI Equipment and what a difference.

Mind you I do all my missions on elite.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-28-2012, 06:08 PM
Glad to have helped, Thought I would clarify my post a bit better. As you level you can assign any item (except Kit's) to your BOFF's that you your self can equip. i.e. as a LtC yot can equip LtC equipment to you Lt BOFF's, however you cant equip them with CMD or CPT or RA/VA equipment as you cant use them.