Lt. Commander
This mission appears to not be appearing in hails or "missions available" anymore. With my first character, I was offered this every time by Commander Menn Hilo in conjuction with the Admiral Quinn Promotion [tiered] mission.
With my current starfleet character, I have not been offered this once (and have only been doing it since I already knew about it).

This is a good RP mission to attend, and is disappointing that it is not offered to promoting characters automatically.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-21-2012, 06:58 AM
I really, really miss this mission. Was great to have everyone salute me, have fleet mates attend. We had a party with I hit VA.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-21-2012, 07:00 AM
Did you visit Hilo anyway? I seem to recall not seeing it once but the mission went through when I visited the guy.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-21-2012, 07:48 AM
It's not likely that they took the mission out of the game. My science officer hit level 50 just
a couple weeks ago and attended the optional ceremony every time.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-21-2012, 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusashorn
It's not likely that they took the mission out of the game. My science officer hit level 50 just
a couple weeks ago and attended the optional ceremony every time.
Really? I ranked up on an alt and the optional wasn't listed... maybe I did something in the wrong order.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-21-2012, 09:52 AM
You have to actually go up to the guy and talk to him to get it. It won't appear in your mission browser. And you can do all of them at the same time if you got all the way to VA without ever learning about the mission(s) like I did.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-21-2012, 03:21 PM
I really wish they'd do a bit more with this mission. I go and talk to him every time, and the ceremony is always him just saying the same sentence to me. I just made Starfleet Captain, I want at least some sort of in game cutscene, crowds of cheering cadets, maybe my trusty bridge officers there as well. :p
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-21-2012, 05:32 PM
Here's how this mission should be laid out for objectives:

1) Promotion mission start with Admiral Quinn

2) Go to Tailor to change rank / uniform

3) Go to shipyard and select new ship

4) Change ship name and Registery

5) Proceed to promotion and ship Christening ceremony

Then for the VA rank:

1) Promotion mission start with Admiral Quinn

2) Go to tailor to change rank / uniform

3) Instead of a ship token give a Shuttle Craft token usable to purchase any shuttle craft. Or even just get a unique fighter/shuttle hybrid.

4) Change shuttle name and registry

5) Proceed to promotion and Shuttle Christening ceremony. In stead of ceremony mentioning the next ship you got since there is no VA free ship mention that now as VA you get to choose your own ship, but as a token of The Federations appreciation for you're dedication and service they are rewarding you with your very own personal shuttle.

This way instead of having the promotion ceremony mission being pointless and something most forget about or don't even know it exists it would be an integral part of the promotion process.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-22-2012, 12:50 AM
I was happy when I first saw the guy offer these missions. Then when I attempted to do them, they were super quick as it was an immediate thing with the NPCs saluting (but they seem to do that whenever I walk by on ESD...). Was there more to it before?
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-22-2012, 04:25 AM
Nope. It's been that way since the start of the game.