Lt. Commander
Hello all. I've recently purchased an Intrepid class T4 ship from the shipyard, and I'd like to kit it out so that I can make the most of it for solo content.

I'm an Engineer and I've only used cruisers up to this point, so presently I have no idea how to science-ship.

When I got the thing, I did a little bargain hunting on the exchange to get some mk X and mk XI equipment for it. This is the present loadout, mostly driven by cost:

3x Uncommon Tetryon Dual Beam Banks mk XI
3x Rare Tetryon Turrets mk X
Rare Neutrino Deflector mk XI
Rare Combat Engines mk XI
Rare Resilient Shield mk XI
Eng consoles: RCS Accelerator, EPS Flow Regulator
Sci consoles: Emitter Array, Power Insulator, Biofunction Monitor
Tactical Consoles: 2x Tetryon Pulse Generators.

I'm not after approval for this, it was just some bargin hunting in the Exchange.

Anyway - how best can I improve this? And how best should I play to get the most out of this ship for solo stuff.

Ship in question: http://imgur.com/KhA6N
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-28-2012, 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by asteconn
Hello all. I've recently purchased an Intrepid class T4 ship from the shipyard, and I'd like to kit it out so that I can make the most of it for solo content.

I'm an Engineer and I've only used cruisers up to this point, so presently I have no idea how to science-ship.

When I got the thing, I did a little bargain hunting on the exchange to get some mk X and mk XI equipment for it. This is the present loadout, mostly driven by cost:

3x Uncommon Tetryon Dual Beam Banks mk XI
3x Rare Tetryon Turrets mk X
Rare Neutrino Deflector mk XI
Rare Combat Engines mk XI
Rare Resilient Shield mk XI
Eng consoles: RCS Accelerator, EPS Flow Regulator
Sci consoles: Emitter Array, Power Insulator, Biofunction Monitor
Tactical Consoles: 2x Tetryon Pulse Generators.

I'm not after approval for this, it was just some bargin hunting in the Exchange.

Anyway - how best can I improve this? And how best should I play to get the most out of this ship for solo stuff.

Ship in question: http://imgur.com/KhA6N
For solo content you can basically use any weapon, any shield, any console and be perfectly ok. You can shoot rainbows and still be successful doing missions. Now sure what you were expecting, or what you're even looking for.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-28-2012, 09:29 PM
I'm after any and all suggestions really.

I really don't have a clue how to best use most science abilities for example, nor the particulars about sub system targetting, and so on.

I wish to expand my knowledge, and become less noob doing so =]