Lt. Commander
# 1 Why can't I rainbow Torp
02-28-2012, 09:25 PM
Warhead Units....

Ok I run my sci ship with nothing but torps for 2 reasons... 1) its fun... and 2) its Fun.

This is overdue and Late I know the Warhead units where nerfed to +18 along with prefire and the directed things for beams....

New tribble notes state they are fixing the torp consuls... cool I get it there broken.

Of course that brings me too the question I should have asked before, "Why the heck is cryptic trying too force me into one type of torp?"

I don't want too run one type of torp.... I guess I have too.... So everyone I apologize in advance of the next patch.... Cryptic is forcing me too run 6 Chron torps on my sci ship suck it up... and slow the heck down. lol
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-28-2012, 09:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husanak View Post
Warhead Units....

Ok I run my sci ship with nothing but torps for 2 reasons... 1) its fun... and 2) its Fun.

This is overdue and Late I know the Warhead units where nerfed to +18 along with prefire and the directed things for beams....

New tribble notes state they are fixing the torp consuls... cool I get it there broken.

Of course that brings me too the question I should have asked before, "Why the heck is cryptic trying too force me into one type of torp?"

I don't want too run one type of torp.... I guess I have too.... So everyone I apologize in advance of the next patch.... Cryptic is forcing me too run 6 Chron torps on my sci ship suck it up... and slow the heck down. lol
but i have 2 omegas to counter those chroniton....

no wait...

evasive!!!!!.....

huh?

wait a sec......impulse burst...

sad face,

now thats some bull hockey.

damn chroniton procs.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-28-2012, 09:47 PM
lol

Well no one answered me in the is it borked thread... So I guess being able too apply more then one cron torp debuff is intended and A ok.... so look forward too my chron spreads and chron torp procs... really with 3 front and rear and some torp doffs...

I only bring it up cause well you know I run ONE chron torp now... and a plasma and quantum cause I likes the looks of the plasma lol and I find it funny when there spreads heal people. Just sucks that now I have to be that guy... the one with all the dumb chron torps. LOL
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-28-2012, 10:02 PM
Quote:
lol

Well no one answered me in the is it borked thread... So I guess being able too apply more then one cron torp debuff is intended and A ok.... so look forward too my chron spreads and chron torp procs... really with 3 front and rear and some torp doffs...

I only bring it up cause well you know I run ONE chron torp now... and a plasma and quantum cause I likes the looks of the plasma lol and I find it funny when there spreads heal people. Just sucks that now I have to be that guy... the one with all the dumb chron torps. LOL
You don't have to run all chrons, run the chron for the proc, the quantum w/consoles for damage, and the plasma for the lol.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-28-2012, 10:14 PM
Quote:
lol

Chronitons would work great if they worked like they did in the voyager series where they came from. Odds are though they wont go and modify them and put consoles/shields/spec out there to protect against chronitons that penetrate shields with the use of temporal technology LOL. FYI though plasma torpedos no longer proc they are a straight DoT now. I use them for my brel torpedo mode 1 bio neural 3 plasma torps, 2 plasma mine launchers works very well for shielded targets and unshielded too.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-07-2012, 07:25 AM
Quote:
Warhead Units....

Not necessarily so. It depends on what kind of Science Powers you use and if the emphasis is on those powers which do Kinetic damage. For example, your two Tactical Warhead Yield Consoles (18% STILL stacking kinetic) buffs everything doing kinetic damage including your Gravity Wells or Tractor Beam Repulsors (even your HGB if you use that) and ALL torpedos you may carry. It's just another reason why Science ships synergize so well with being a torpedo boat. Once you consider all of that you shouldn't be stuck to just one type of torpedo at all. That is..as long as you utilize Science Powers that focus on kinetic damage and that can benefit from a damage buff. Torp boats whose emphasis is on utilizing non-kinetic Science powers, of course, do not benefit as much.

I will admit, however, that the broken torpedo consoles of ANY type buffing ALL kinetic damage was nice while it lasted.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-07-2012, 07:31 AM
Its only science vessels who should use torp consoles and now science vessels are so gimp so the change doesn't change a thing anyhow.. so consoles where bugged and fixed, and science vessels get abit crappier.

https://t.co/NIOALomQ
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-07-2012, 08:08 AM
I happen to love it when you run chrons, make its easier for me to shoot people. Chron away my friend, chron away
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-07-2012, 08:25 AM
I cant remember what chronitons do, but I just run them because I like the color when I shoot them :-)
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-07-2012, 08:40 AM
Quote:
Warhead Units....

Run all 6 tonight. Chron, quantum, tric, photon, plasma, trans. Maybe even throw a Breen tric on. Make them taste the rainbow lol.