Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 ask cryptic
03-01-2012, 12:42 PM
Q: (mavgeek) Are we ever going to see more PvP additions to the game?

Dstahl: Yes. One of the software strike teams at Cryptic worked on PvP extensively for the last year and in Season 6 we will be moving our technology over to that platform and updating our PvP systems. The expectation is that we want to improve PvP and resolve some of the frustrating elements in the existing maps. Whether that means overhauling existing maps or making new ones is still TBD, but we have resources committed to this effort.


so apparently we missed all the work they did last year. and no new maps dispite it being promised over and over.... -sighs-
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
03-01-2012, 12:48 PM
at least it sounds like something might be comming...

Just hope its not pvp gear...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
03-01-2012, 01:00 PM
If by "worked on PvP extensively for the last year" he means "sat at their desk and played farmville extensively for the last year" then he is correct.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
03-01-2012, 01:03 PM
Q: (Horizon) Y U NO LIKE ZE PVPs?

CrypticDev: We love PVP!....and in fact.... We have added loads of content for PVP through the C-Store via consoles that you can equip on your ships. We believe these will have a revolutionary impact on current, and future PVP gameplay. Please visit the C-Store and purchase content for your pvp matches.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5 Welcome Back, I guess.
03-01-2012, 01:04 PM
Not sure if it's the forum spinning...

>_>

... or it's just him.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
03-01-2012, 01:09 PM
New pvp stuffs!

wait...

This seems oddly familiar...Deja vu senses...tingling...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
03-01-2012, 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldo-Raine
If by "worked on PvP extensively for the last year" he means "sat at their desk and played farmville extensively for the last year" then he is correct.
Hey!! Those virtual crops won't plant themselves.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
03-01-2012, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thumappp
at least it sounds like something might be comming...

Just hope its not pvp gear...

To quote a famous entertainer: "Still coming....."
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
03-01-2012, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainHorizon
Q: (Horizon) Y U NO LIKE ZE PVPs?

CrypticDev: We love PVP!....and in fact.... We have added loads of content for PVP through the C-Store via consoles that you can equip on your ships. We believe these will have a revolutionary impact on current, and future PVP gameplay. Please visit the C-Store and purchase content for your pvp matches.
webster's definition of revolutionary: a : of, relating to, or constituting a revolution <revolutionary war> b : tending to or promoting revolution c : constituting or bringing about a major or fundamental change <a revolutionary new product>


Cryptic's Definition of Revolutionary: Bork PVP so badly with these consoles everyone needs them to maintain "balance"
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
03-01-2012, 02:03 PM
Quote:
One of the software strike teams at Cryptic worked on PvP extensively for the last year and in Season 6 we will be moving our technology over to that platform and updating our PvP systems.
It means a person working on the back end engine at Cryptic, not necessarily working on STO directly. Looks like a technology upgrade that will transfer into STO with an update.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:15 PM.