Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 111
02-29-2012, 04:06 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~Alecto
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 112
02-29-2012, 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by galen107 View Post
You still haven't explain why Campers have the right to ruin (as Ramirez put it) another persons game by making it pretty much impossible to do anything in a mission. I think the other side has been explained adequately why camping is a game killer
You honestly have to ask why attacking the enemies "base" location in a WARZONE is ok? Have you suffered a major head injury?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 113
02-29-2012, 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by galen107 View Post
Exactly my points Ramirez, I couldn't have said it better myself! Thank you for putting down in terms that maybe people will understand better than how i have put it multiple of times
It's already been said. You defeat the spawn campers' gank strategy by getting a group togehter and hitting them hard when you zone in. Get into a fleet that is made up of players who are into helping each other out. Get four others to go with you into the war zone with the understanding that they are your support as you attempt to complete the objectives.

Soon as all of you zone in, you come out of warp with weapons firing and obliterate the enemey before they have time to react. Once you've punched through, you all travel to the objective points with your support team keeping the enemies off your back while you complete the objective.

While you may prefer solo gameplay, when you enter a war zone where there is surely going to be more than one enemy sort of dictates the need for support.

Keep in mind, you are the only one who can define a war zone's objectives as mandatory. The game does not require you to do them. This means if you choose to do so, you must prepare yourself adequately for what you will likely face. And as distasteful as it may be, you have discovered the nature of the threat in the area in question. So rather than whining about how disrespectful you think the enemy was for blasting you into dust at every turn, maybe you should be asking yourself, "Okay... How do I turn this around?"

I and others have answered that question for you. If you really want to complete the objectives in the warzones, Get a group together and take the fight to the enemy, blow THEM to dust and do your thing!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 114
02-29-2012, 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synther View Post
You honestly have to ask why attacking the enemies "base" location in a WARZONE is ok? Have you suffered a major head injury?
Attacking I get that, but sitting and camping at the Spawn site is not... For example last night it was four (4) klingons sitting around the fed respawn and nothing got accomplished for 20-30 minutes...a few days ago 8 klingons sat a federation respawn in a ground arena, and completed the arena in about 2 minutes not giving any chance to the Federation, i could keep listing examples, why is this okay to ruin a players game by doing this, you have not adequately explained why this is a right of a player? The other side as ramirez articulated has a good argument of why it is not okay
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 115
02-29-2012, 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by infamousX View Post
The problem is the quest to prove e-peen size. No point in any game played on the internet, because LAN is where true challenges (and respect for the real human beings in the room with you) lies. .
Don't even talk to me about e-peen. Just be glad STO doesn't have a killmail system like EVE. You think camping is a problem now? Puh-leeeez.

Personally, I get as far from that spawn point as I can and stay the hell away. It's much more fun to gank feds while they're taking Borg aggro! Qapla!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 116
02-29-2012, 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by galen107 View Post
Attacking I get that, but sitting and camping at the Spawn site is not... For example last night it was four (4) klingons sitting around the fed respawn and nothing got accomplished for 20-30 minutes...a few days ago 8 klingons sat a federation respawn in a ground arena, and completed the arena in about 2 minutes not giving any chance to the Federation, i could keep listing examples, why is this okay to ruin a players game by doing this, you have not adequately explained why this is a right of a player? The other side as ramirez articulated has a good argument of why it is not okay
Both sides are guilty of it. In fact I've seen the Feds camping the KDF far more than the other way around.

Do I attack an AFK ship? No. In fact I make a point of explicitely avoiding it. Will I defend myself if I am attacked? Absolutely. I don't care if it's a spawn point or in the middle of the Borg, I am there, and I accept that I am fair game.

Do not let the actions of others dictate how you play the game. Hold yourself to whatever standard makes you feel comfortable, and just realise that in a war zone, the only rule is survival. Not everyone becomes an arse when they're in Ker'rat (and I have had quite a few blows with the KDF there that have bred mutual respect...) but some people do not give a damn.

Two nights ago someone from my fleet targetted an AFK Klingon at the spawn point. We did nothing to support him once that Klingon had returned - and that's nothing more than courtesy. We don't want a bad name for the fleet. He started he, he could finish it, and we weren't about to tell the Klingon he couldn't have his pound of flesh.

What goes around, comes around.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 117
02-29-2012, 04:43 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~Alecto
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 118 Respect
02-29-2012, 04:51 PM
I think the lack of respect for their opponents is one of the things that gave pvp a bad name from launch on. It's caused a lot of problems generating interest in pvp in general. I think the pvp community for too long didn't consider the effect that the bad behavior in the warzones was having on their ability to get enough people to keep matches going and to get new people to participate. That said, the ignore function is your friend. I've put literally dozens of people on ignore in Ker'rat. As soon as I hear stfu noob, they get on ignore, it doesn't matter who they said it to.

But spawn camping is a legitimate issue. It's no fun to get ganked the first second you map in or respawn. It also hurts the game by keeping people from playing and getting more people and better competition involved. I have to wonder why the devs have been unable to just add more random spawn points to the map in over two years.

I agree though that you should not expect to get to complete the objectives in the warzone without opposition when that is the purpose of the warzone. You try to complete your objectives while keeping the other side from completing theirs. I do find it a bit irritating when the other side doesn't even try to complete the objectives and only run around cloaked to fight the other side all the time. But I'll take that any day over being spawn camped.

Generally if I'm being spawn camped by more than one or two players I just don't respawn. If it's impossible for me to get away I don't want to give them the satisfaction of blowing me up in that situation.

So, if any devs are reading this, please add random spawn points to the warzones.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 119 I partially disagree
02-29-2012, 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainQuirk View Post
It's already been said. You defeat the spawn campers' gank strategy by getting a group togehter and hitting them hard when you zone in. Get into a fleet that is made up of players who are into helping each other out. Get four others to go with you into the war zone with the understanding that they are your support as you attempt to complete the objectives.

Soon as all of you zone in, you come out of warp with weapons firing and obliterate the enemey before they have time to react. Once you've punched through, you all travel to the objective points with your support team keeping the enemies off your back while you complete the objective.

While you may prefer solo gameplay, when you enter a war zone where there is surely going to be more than one enemy sort of dictates the need for support.

Keep in mind, you are the only one who can define a war zone's objectives as mandatory. The game does not require you to do them. This means if you choose to do so, you must prepare yourself adequately for what you will likely face. And as distasteful as it may be, you have discovered the nature of the threat in the area in question. So rather than whining about how disrespectful you think the enemy was for blasting you into dust at every turn, maybe you should be asking yourself, "Okay... How do I turn this around?"

I and others have answered that question for you. If you really want to complete the objectives in the warzones, Get a group together and take the fight to the enemy, blow THEM to dust and do your thing!
First, the daily is for completing the objectives 3 times, not for blowing up the opponents no matter how many times you do them. So i don't think it's unreasonable for someone to want to complete the objectives.

And I don't think spawn camping is desirable in any game. I think it's worthwhile to try to get the devs to add random spawn points so people can at least get back in the battle without repeatedly and instantly blowing up. I don't believe you should have to have a big group as a matter of course just to enter the zone.

And can we please stop calling the other person's complaints "whining, crying, or qq'ing"? One person's reasonable argument or complaint is another person's whining, crying, or qq'ing. You could be accused of whining about whining. And many of us, including you I think, believe in treating others as we would like to be treated. So while I agree that a warzone is a place where you can be legitimately blown up, it doesn't mean we should just put up with insults and bad language, nor should the devs be satisfied with a design that encourages spawn camping which just isn't that fun.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 120
02-29-2012, 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakkar View Post
First, the daily is for completing the objectives 3 times, not for blowing up the opponents no matter how many times you do them. So i don't think it's unreasonable for someone to want to complete the objectives.

And I don't think spawn camping is desirable in any game. I think it's worthwhile to try to get the devs to add random spawn points so people can at least get back in the battle without repeatedly and instantly blowing up. I don't believe you should have to have a big group as a matter of course just to enter the zone.

And can we please stop calling the other person's complaints "whining, crying, or qq'ing"? One person's reasonable argument or complaint is another person's whining, crying, or qq'ing. You could be accused of whining about whining. And many of us, including you I think, believe in being treated as we would like to be treated. So while I agree that a warzone is a place where you can be legitimately blown up, it doesn't mean we should just put up with insults and bad language, nor should the devs be satisfied with a design that encourages spawn camping which just isn't that fun.
Thank you for your comments. This is exactly what i was trying to do by my starting this thread is well thought out discussions on the topic. You have said exactly how i feel. Thank you for your comments, and not adding to the stop whining and complaining train
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:47 AM.