Lt. Commander
# 11
02-28-2012, 09:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by galen107 View Post
I was recently playing some warzones for the first time in a while. The second I appeared on the map, I was killed by a camper in the spawn zone. When i requested that I be left alone to do the warzone as there were other members of my faction shooting at the klingons, I was mocked, yelled at, told No, said i didn't have the right to play the game my way. Is it just me or if some asks to be left alone, shouldn't you just leave them alone?
@$$hats like that are the main reason why I never bother to enter a PvP zone.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-28-2012, 09:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexsam View Post
You don't seem to be getting it.

The warzones are PvP environments. If you enter one, you are fair game. There is no "don't attack me, I'm just here for the mission".

If you can't deal with PvP, don't go into PvP zones. If you insist on going into warzones, be prepared to fend off other players, because that's the point.
And you don't seem to be getting me...I don't like 1) SPAWN CAMPERS, 2) When I request nicely to be left alone to be insulted, called names, and treated like a child. If the objective was to kill the other team, then fine, I have no issues with that, but in Otha there is set objectives...I have rarely seen the other side doign them, instead they are hunting the other team, if they were also doing the objectives I wouldn't care
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-28-2012, 10:00 PM
It is the lack of respect that urkes me if it was there, then i wouldn't have any issues with it
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-28-2012, 10:09 PM
While the lack of respect might annoy you, as it would me, thats peoples personal issue, nothing anyone else can do about it. No one likes being on the recieving end of spawn camping, and that is an issue all warzones need fixed. In kar'rat there is 2 spawn points so camping is made easy, needs to be atleast 3 random spawn points per faction.

And Warzones are pvp areas with pve thrown in as blockage for objectives. They are by every right and definition PVP zones. I will tell you this, Red = dead. If you are an enemy to me and i have the means and power to bring you down to prevent you from completing your objects, I WILL do it. You have no right to say hey stop that its bothering me, know why? ITS A PVP ZONE ITS THE POINT!

Its that simple, if you want to do the objectives in warzones expect to be targeted at random and most definitly target at your weakest. Its simple strat. Wait till your enemy shows some vunerablity then blast them into dust.

The namecalling etc isnt needed, but in most games people talk smack. It can be very tiring but just add ignore those people and keep playing. But do not go into a pvp enviroment and say hey no one attack me! Its just rediculous.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-28-2012, 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by galen107 View Post
And you don't seem to be getting me...I don't like 1) SPAWN CAMPERS, 2) When I request nicely to be left alone to be insulted, called names, and treated like a child. If the objective was to kill the other team, then fine, I have no issues with that, but in Otha there is set objectives...I have rarely seen the other side doign them, instead they are hunting the other team, if they were also doing the objectives I wouldn't care
The enemy is there to keep you from achieving the objectives. Keeping you away from the objectives completely is an acceptable strategy, even if it is cold.

Get you a group together, then all of you come in with weapons firing and clear the spawn area and complete your objectives.

You may not like it, but this may be what you have to do if you want to PvE in a PvP zone.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-28-2012, 10:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuatela
Ker'rat was designed as an all-out, open warfare zone. If you warp into Ker'rat, you are announcing to players "I want to PvP with you", whether you realize it or not.
I don't know ... -- for long months prior to F2P , Ker'rat was a place players went to harvest loot (to sell or for personal needs) .
There was very little-to-no PVP to be had .
I was attacked there once in a blue moon .
If the OP comes from that POV , I can actually understand him .
But I also understand that it is an open PVP zone , and open PVP is fair game in that instance .
I would suggest to the OP to return after a few hours to the zone and see if he can then be left alone to play .
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-28-2012, 10:20 PM
<<<<<post Deleted>>>>>>
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-28-2012, 10:20 PM
This is why I typically laugh in threads on forums for MMO's that try to ask that PvP get opened up moreso than however it already is. You hear all sorts of noble ideas and the like...

But in the end all it really ends up being is spawn camping and people calling "tough ****" and "lmao stfu n00b" and the like.

I mean, I'm sure none of you overlooked the fact that he said right from the start that they were spawn camping. That's a good bit different than if he just had people running him down while trying to do the objectives.

Being stopped while trying to do the objectives is completely different scenario then being ganked the moment they load in.

About the only thing used in this thread as defense for such pathetic actions I've seen that I can agree with is "What do you expect?" and I don't mean that in a positive manner.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-28-2012, 10:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aelfwin View Post
I don't know ... -- for long months prior to F2P , Ker'rat was a place players went to harvest loot (to sell or for personal needs) .
There was very little-to-no PVP to be had .
I was attacked there once in a blue moon .
If the OP comes from that POV , I can actually understand him .
But I also understand that it is an open PVP zone , and open PVP is fair game in that instance .
I would suggest to the OP to return after a few hours to the zone and see if he can then be left alone to play .
That is generally what i do, and MOST people will respect my wishes, and let me do my thing, with or with out a person, my general complaint here is the lack of respect i am seeing throughout this game, Otha used to be PVP free, as did Ker'rat. My issues is with the lack of respect ie name calling, that is unacceptable. Most just respect my request and go back killing each other, etc... that is fine.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-28-2012, 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramierez View Post
This is why I typically laugh in threads on forums for MMO's that try to ask that PvP get opened up moreso than however it already is. You hear all sorts of noble ideas and the like...

But in the end all it really ends up being is spawn camping and people calling "tough ****" and "lmao stfu n00b" and the like.

I mean, I'm sure none of you overlooked the fact that he said right from the start that they were spawn camping. That's a good bit different than if he just had people running him down while trying to do the objectives.

Being stopped while trying to do the objectives is completely different scenario then being ganked the moment they load in.

About the only thing used in this thread as defense for such pathetic actions I've seen that I can agree with is "What do you expect?" and I don't mean that in a positive manner.
Finally someone gets it! YAY