Lt. Commander
# 21
02-28-2012, 11:33 PM
I can understand your frustration OP but please go back and edit those posts which contain anything you may consider offensive; I'd rather try to help than to give you a warning which you don't understand the reason behind.

As for the case of the thread "Where did the respect go?" it's unfortunate that not every player is respectful; but there really isn't anything that I, Cryptic/PWE or any other player can do about that, some rare situations possibly but most; unfortunately doubtful.

However as others have stated once you enter an open PVP zone in game, no matter what the objective states; you have also willingly allowed yourself to be fired upon by the enemy factions players.

It's a choice you make when you enter the war zone; you can not simply expect to enter a open PvP war zone, complete the objectives and leave with the loot without a single chance of being opposed by another player who may or may not be there to also complete the mission objectives.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-28-2012, 11:36 PM
Let's ignore the whole Spawn camping thing... It's just a sign of a poor player who needs to make himself feel a little bigger. (I agree with you on thoose btw).

What you need to understand, is that if you enter Ker'rat, you automatically become a target.

People pop in and out of that map, and there is no way you can make everyone aware that you have no interest in PvP. You'd pretty much be unable to do anything else than chatting if you wanted to be sure.
Really... I don't see how that's possible.

Even then: The Rules apply.... Ker'rat is a PvEvP map... It's kill or be killed, and every time you complete a part of the mission objective, the other faction is that much closer to loosing... They don't want that either.
It's part of their mission objective, just as it is part of you.

So let's say the campers are gone, or that spawnpoints are random... You will still be a legitimate target, because you are working against the other faction. If you win... They loose.

It's best that you just respect the rules of the game. There are plenty of other alternatives to Ker'rat, and if you don't like other players targeting you, Ker'rat is really not the best place to go.

However... WHEN you complete the mission, it makes it that much more satisfactory IMO.

Edit: Needed to add this:

You spoke about other people respecting your wishes. I can certainly understand the need to want to play the game under your conditions but you need to remember: You are a very small fraction of the game as a whole. While your voice (IMO) counts, so does everyone elses.
There are people in this game who joined ONLY for PvP, and by asking them to leave you alone, you are technically not respecting their wishes.

Somthing worth considering.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-28-2012, 11:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alecto View Post
I can understand your frustration OP but please go back and edit those posts which contain anything you may consider offensive; I'd rather try to help than to give you a warning which you don't understand the reason behind.

As for the case of the thread "Where did the respect go?" it's unfortunate that not every player is respectful; but there really isn't anything that I, Cryptic/PWE or any other player can do about that, some rare situations possibly but most; unfortunately doubtful.

However as others have stated once you enter an open PVP zone in game, no matter what the objective states; you have also willingly allowed yourself to be fired upon by the enemy factions players.

It's a choice you make when you enter the war zone; you can not simply expect to enter a open PvP war zone, complete the objectives and leave with the loot without a single chance of being opposed by another player who may or may not be there to also complete the mission objectives.
Exactly. Spawncamping isnt illigal, i dont do it, and i personally hate watching it happen no matter which end im on. But that is a valid option for preventing you from completing your objectives. Might not be fun or intresting but it is allowed. All this thread is amounting to is personal venting nothing really here to discuss. And farming a pvp zone for loot isnt what they were intended for when they were created.

Suggest just shutting the thread at this point. Nothing to be had from it.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-28-2012, 11:40 PM
so the thing would be to ask devs for optional spawn points..

and yes i know that one too - i spawn into a group of FED ships which i normally eat for breakfast, tractor beam and done..

5 times was enough, never entered kerrat again
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-28-2012, 11:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alecto View Post

I will happily edit my posts which are consider offensive, as i don't think i posted any with this thread.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-28-2012, 11:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JToney3449 View Post
Exactly. Spawncamping isnt illigal, i dont do it, and i personally hate watching it happen no matter which end im on. But that is a valid option for preventing you from completing your objectives. Might not be fun or intresting but it is allowed. All this thread is amounting to is personal venting nothing really here to discuss. And farming a pvp zone for loot isnt what they were intended for when they were created.

Otha and Ker'rat at onepoint where designed for that precisely originally...PVP is a very recent addition to them
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-28-2012, 11:44 PM
There could be a PVP timer that is set for up to 30 seconds for when you spawn that makes you invulnerable to PvP fire until the timer runs out or you use an ability or have a safe spawn area like a hospital that opponents can't get near. City of Heroes have both systems for PvP to prevent spawn camping.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-28-2012, 11:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by galen107 View Post
Otha and Ker'rat at onepoint where designed for that precisely originally...PVP is a very recent addition to them
Ummm, no?

PvP has been in Ker'rat since beta... Just hasn't been popular. And they've dropped loot in the Fleet Action manner for that long too.

As well as regular loot bags.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-28-2012, 11:50 PM
Otha has never had until recently two teams on it. either way that is a mute point, my original issues is with the name calling, rudeness of other players, i have been in plenty of games, where if you didn't respect other players, you were banned for x amount of days if you pulled stunts like that, and that really should be the case here. Some of the language i have seen and treatment of other players is disgraceful and only brings down the overall caliber of the game
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-28-2012, 11:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JToney3449 View Post

I remember a time in MMO's where griefing most-certainly was against any decent MMO's TOS. Spawn camping is most-definitively griefing in every sense of the word as it's actually part of the original behaviour that coined the term. Rather sad that people have just come to expect this sort of thing out-of-hand in such a short time.

A moderator saying that nothing can be done about it is about as much of a seal of approval that a griefer could ask for. Many things can easily be done about it and have been several times in the past, they just choose not to here. That's their right, but it doesn't make them somehow helpless to prevent this...it's their choice not to. I may personally feel it's a poor one, however.

As PvPers often say...they think the PvE game is too easy, so they want a player to fight, etc...yet then they go and do lame tactics like spawn camping that makes a player 100x easier to kill than even an NPC. It's not the challenge, they just want someone to gloat over.