Lt. Commander
# 31
02-28-2012, 11:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by galen107 View Post
Otha and Ker'rat at onepoint where designed for that precisely originally...PVP is a very recent addition to them
Ummm, no?

PvP has been in Ker'rat since beta... Just hasn't been popular. And they've dropped loot in the Fleet Action manner for that long too.

As well as regular loot bags.
Otha and Ker'rat have always been open PvP zones.

I've just beamed down to Otha with one of my Starfleet VAs and will quote the exact dialog pop up you first see after entering the map.

Quote:
Captain, a Starfleet science team was sent here to investigate the crash of a Borg scout ship it seems that borg drones survived the crash and are attempting to assimilate the surviving team members. If we can beam up the survivors to formulate a virus which will shut down the remaining drones. The last transmission from team suggested that there maybe Klingons in the area as well, no doubt here to they can from the wreckage and try to take Federation prisoners.

Rescue 5 Starfleet assimilation victims.
Now get this... lol

When I entered the map there were 2 KDF players shooting a Fed and I right clicked on one of them and my characters started shooting, but I only wanted to look at the character info... My mistake.

So the player returned fire, I healed and used Local chat to apologise and explained what I was doing. Bare in mind I have no dev powers, I'm just an unpaid voluntary community moderator. So I was stood there near teh spawn point for a good 8-10 minutes typing that up and not once did I get shot at.

Now in what I've quoted you can see there's a warning about Klingons but no reference to open PvP, so I'm off to K-7 to investigate further.
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-28-2012, 11:02 PM
I can't believe the insane amount of whining I am reading on this thread regarding the PvP zone.

While I agree that Ker'rat spawn point should be fixed so that both factions spawn separately at separate locations during the resetting of the mission - Otha on the other hand is completely fine the way it is. Once the mission resets, there is a separation of the factions during the initial spawn.

To the OP (NO OFFENSE) but if you want to farm very rare equipment to sell or use - PVP - zones is not the place to do it.

There are two options for you:

A) Avoid those zones all together and seek farming via dilithium trade or crafting

B) Know at what time of day to enter those zones - since certain days some of those PvP areas are empty and you can farm all you want.

The bottom line is PVP zones are exactly what they're suppose to be -> Player vs Player - anything goes

You enter - Your @ss is mine - I will be out for blood

Unfortunately; as you stated, spawn camping will be among the tactics. However; that being said it comes with the package - I myself don't use the cheap tactic, and unfortunately; those who do, are bored out of their minds and want to grief the hell out of true PvP players

My Recommendation:

If you're going in a PVP Zone - and YOU HAVE FRIENDS - (assuming you do) -> invite them to come along and start decimating the opposing player base. A unified team is much better than the loner opposing individual that sits at the spawn area and plays shoot the fish in the bucket.

Also, be forewarned - Klingons hunt in packs

Beware of the cloaked wolf packs during space combat

Beware of the Caitian Jumping Cat Brigade on the Ground
Lt. Commander
# 33
02-28-2012, 11:04 PM
I am not saying that being rude is ok...

But from your OP it seems like you expect people not to attack you in Ker'rat... Wich makes about as much sense as expecting Cryptic to close the C-Store.

If that was not your intention, you might need to elaborate a little in the OP.
Lt. Commander
# 34
02-28-2012, 11:05 PM
Look I was at Kerrat when a Klingon player got in and got blown up and asked to "just shoot some Borg" and the reply was, if you wanna team up for that, play in STFs.

Kerrat is a PvP area, I never really got shoot there until I hit 50's but there were the occasional Klingon Player before that and I also did the PvP tutorials.

If I recall your OBJECTIVE is simply be there until its over 3 times, you are not asked to win ... in fact none of the PvP tutorial missions ask you to win, only to participate.

So keep in mind what you were asking was a free pass for loot, you get no sympathy from the people that played there enough to know the rules and the risks.
Lt. Commander
# 35
02-28-2012, 11:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
I am not saying that being rude is ok...

But from your OP it seems like you expect people not to attack you in Ker'rat... Wich makes about as much sense as expecting Cryptic to close the C-Store.

If that was not your intention, you might need to elaborate a little in the OP.
Hi,

I've just quoted the pop up window from Otha and been to K-7 to speak to Captain Mackenzie Calhoun and I can't find any in game dialog that specifically tells the player than Otha or Ker'rat are open PvP war zones but I obviously know they are and so do you as we've been around here long enough...

To my point; can you recall off hand any dialog that specifically informs the player of the PvP situation in those maps?

If there isn't any I'm going to suggest to the STO team they update the dialog pop ups at least; thinks it's worth pursuing?
Lt. Commander
# 36
02-28-2012, 11:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by galen107 View Post
No it is not ridiculous, EVERYONE should have the right to play the game as they see fit, if you want to go around and PVP in the warzones with others that want to PVP fine. However if I want to do a quick run through do the objectives three times, and get my rewards and bugger off, then that should be my right as well. Without any smack talk, I don't talk smack and never will, calling someone a moron, ******, and a bunch of things with #$#$#$# in it, is NOT acceptable, in an stretch,

There USED to be a measure of respect in this game, sadly i have seen it dwindle since F2P, and that disheartens me. NOT EVERYONE PLAYS PVP OR PVE THE SAME WAY
Right, and what if people want their right to play it the way they want - spawn camping people?

Now don't get me wrong, I don't like people who spawn camp, and I don't do it myself, but going by your argument, others have the same right as you to do as they see fit, which includes spawn camping you. And like it or not, spawn camping you is an effective way of keeping you from doing the objectives, which is the point of the map.

If you don't like it, go somewhere else. STO has a whole two maps with open PVP like this and PVE objectives. There are plenty of other ways to get your dilithium or loot if you don't care for this sort of thing.
Lt. Commander
# 37
02-28-2012, 11:18 PM
Kerrat would be cool if BOTH SIDES DIDN'T SPAWN AT THE SAME POINT.

Still trying to wrap my mind around wtf they were thinking with that and why it hasn't been fixed.
Lt. Commander
# 38
02-28-2012, 11:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alecto View Post
Hi,

I've just quoted the pop up window from Otha and been to K-7 to speak to Captain Mackenzie Calhoun and I can't find any in game dialog that specifically tells the player than Otha or Ker'rat are open PvP war zones but I obviously know they are and so do you as we've been around here long enough...

To my point; can you recall off hand any dialog that specifically informs the player of the PvP situation in those maps?

If there isn't any I'm going to suggest to the STO team they update the dialog pop ups at least; thinks it's worth pursuing?
I saw it after i posted the thread you quoted.

Well there is the fact that "Fight in any warzone" missions are listed under PvP in the journal... but yea, somthing like

Quote:
Beware captain: Warzones are Open Player vs. Player zones. You may be forced to fight other players.
That would probably work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grafico
Kerrat would be cool if BOTH SIDES DIDN'T SPAWN AT THE SAME POINT.

Still trying to wrap my mind around wtf they were thinking with that and why it hasn't been fixed.
I seem to remember DStahl saying more than a year ago, that they were pretty much ready to Nuke Ker'rat... That map has been nothing but trouble for them since beta.
Lt. Commander
# 39
02-28-2012, 11:25 PM
Thanks anazonda,

I agree; I don't have any benefits doing this volunteer work but I can look into trying to get this a little bit of attention from the STO team, worth a shot for a little return.

I'm off now its gone 7am lol good night all
Lt. Commander
# 40
02-28-2012, 11:26 PM
I'll leave you with greatest quote made from Q

"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." - Q