Lt. Commander
# 1 KDF Android Roleplay Concepts?
02-29-2012, 12:34 AM
For those who weren't yet aware, 700-Day Veterans of STO can claim an Android Bridge Officer. Game mechanic advantages aside, I was curious to know what Roleplay concepts might be floating around for these?

I find plenty of Star Trek lore to support a wide variety of Federation concepts. Just not Klingon concepts. The only caveat was that it isn't considered to be Soong-type. So as not to lessen the value of the Data character. I want to create mine. I considered just making one in a Klingon-species image and calling it a day. But that is lazy even for me. So I thought it would be fun to brainstorm with others.

For example, if you had one, would it be a new one-of-a-kind android-type? Or a part of something more elaborate?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-29-2012, 01:01 AM
Good pointers.

Why would an established race of honour-centric warriors want an android officer?

My input would be, for nefarious purposes. Preferably, with a subspace link that allows the owner to remote control its actions. Or at least a covert AV data feed.

Perhaps you'd like to lure an enemy from a rival house to attack you, only for him to get caught in an elaborate ambush. I can also use the android in my likeness to mislead enemies (or 'unwanted company') into going the wrong way.

My KDF character is more or less a fugitive that should never, ever exist in canon Klingon lore so she would use the android for public appearances and also terrorist 'suicide' bombing attacks against rival houses and 'foreign corporations' (I RP a rogue interstellar trader with my KDF toon).

An android would be recognizable as an artificial entity close-up but under a burkha-like costume and veil, it can pass scrutiny easily especially accompanied by my usual entourage of allies/boffs.

And yes, use the android as a bait to stage yet more ambushes.

Thankfully, I will not be RPing any devious terrorist tactics using my android because I'm not a subscriber, lol.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-29-2012, 01:01 AM
I have to say that I am very much looking forward to receiving this reward in just over a fortnight's time. And I have given some thought to how this can be received and integrated into the crew.

A possibility to consider, from a KDF point of view, could be as a result of research into artificial life forms or even combat driven models. Something like the use of holographics by the Hirogen? The Empire creating androids to mimic/train/challenge warriors?

I think this is a great post idea!
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-29-2012, 03:00 AM
I just can't see the Klingons making use of android or holographic officers. Probably it's because I keep thinking of one of the missions in the Starfleet Academy PC game, "The Ultimate Klingon." This mission puts you up against a Klingon copy of the M5, which is remote-controlling several ships to attack you. In the finest tradition of Starfleet, the optimal solution is to talk the computer to death - by "praising" it, and observing that because of it, Klingon warriors will no longer die in battle, but quietly and peacefully in their beds.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-29-2012, 03:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HF_Mudd
I just can't see the Klingons making use of android or holographic officers. Probably it's because I keep thinking of one of the missions in the Starfleet Academy PC game, "The Ultimate Klingon." This mission puts you up against a Klingon copy of the M5, which is remote-controlling several ships to attack you. In the finest tradition of Starfleet, the optimal solution is to talk the computer to death - by "praising" it, and observing that because of it, Klingon warriors will no longer die in battle, but quietly and peacefully in their beds.
Ah, subterfuge, I like that
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-29-2012, 03:42 AM
i havent claimed my 700 Day boff yet for any of my toons.......

thanks for the reminder and heads up.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-29-2012, 03:53 PM
Fun stuff. Interesting that no one has yet considered an Android society of any kind within the Empire's territory.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-29-2012, 06:13 PM
Androids dont have rights in klingon space but they can be vassals. An android is a valuable tool and likely would be the personal vassal of a high ranking klingon. Being the vassal of a high ranking klingon gives you power of your own.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-29-2012, 06:22 PM
Where might this Android-species of vassals have come from?
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-29-2012, 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi'a Meese
Where might this Android-species of vassals have come from?

Is it too far fetched to imagine a secret society of 'hashishin'? Androids created in the likeness of enemy species and sent to infiltrate their cultures.

In ancient Arabian history they had very dangerous assassins who were fed drugs and used for covert ops. Now, we know the Klingons are a stand up and fight kind of warrior race, but as time changes tactics and strategy do evolve. I mean, B'vat was using a lot of very creative temporal warfare to advance the cause of the Empire and knows his enemies and the operating environment intimately well (he even used Devilans as an indirect weapon against the Federation, not to mention devising a way to control the Doomsday Device), so Cylon type synthetic humanoid infiltrators as the next generation of special weapons might not be that far fetched.

While early versions of these dopplegangers might serve a very limited decoy and HUMINT role, more advanced androids could very well become like the infamous Caprica Six of BSG and have as stated in posts earlier, earn the capacity and rights of a useful vassal of the Klingon Empire.