Lt. Commander
ok, this is getting annoying.
Ive tried many times today to get in, Username, Password... Click Login.... BAM. Crashed.

it was working fine last night, no windows updates, nothing's changed. just now the ****** launcher is broken.

Here's a video! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0-tpsS6Oc4

HOW do i fix this? because the game is currently unplayable, and I'm a subscriber still. - wouldn't be as much of an issue if i wasn't paying.
Lt. Commander
# 2 i had the same issue...
01-30-2012, 12:39 PM
i had the same issue, but i found the fiix i use Team Viewer to monitor a group of computers that i monitor, however team viewer (as default) uses TCP ports 80 and 443, for it's information, this interupts the client launcher from securly connecting to the STO server, i found that if i set TV to "not use ports 80, 443" (web server only) setting that the game will log in without a problem.

what would happem for me. the launcher would load, i would input my user ID and password and when i clicked loggin the launcher would crash, this irratated me for quite some time.

as i don't know your exact setup. if your using any "remote control software" (team viewer, logmein ect.) i would recomend compleatly exiting the software (make sure it's not running in the Task Manager) and restart the launcher and try it, if you contenue to have this issue. check to see if any of your software is utilizing the TCP/UDP ports of 80 and 443,

i hope this helps you fix your issue.

CMD-Roker
Fed, Tactiacl, VA Jones
KDF, Engineer, LG Korbis

P.S. i took a new look at your video, i recomend also exiting Utorrent as well when playing, as this can cause lag/disconnect issues
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2012, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmd-Roker
i had the same issue, but i found the fiix i use Team Viewer to monitor a group of computers that i monitor, however team viewer (as default) uses TCP ports 80 and 443,

P.S. i took a new look at your video, i recomend also exiting Utorrent as well when playing, as this can cause lag/disconnect issues

God dammnit. I did install Teamviewer on Friday, before I went to Melbourne and back, totally forgot. sounds like I had the same TeamViewer port conflict.

uTorrent cant download when it's open without a second piece of software, I use Putty to send an Encrypted proxy around the Australian Net Filter, and without that running uTorrent just sits at "Could not connect" - I just close the proxy when not using it.

Thanks for the help!
Lt. Commander
# 4 :D
01-30-2012, 09:27 PM
im glad i could help, it was a fluk of luck that i discovered that anyhow, but well worth the knowlage to help others... :p see ya out there!
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-03-2012, 03:49 AM
have the same problem and i tryed your suggestion, i even deinstalled teamviewer and every programm what blocks these prots, it still wont work, crashes directly anfter clicking login.
Lt. Commander
# 6 Team Viewer ~ Slaps forehead
02-29-2012, 06:52 PM
Dude, you rock. Been fighting this all week and was getting mad at STO.

Thank YOU!!
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-29-2012, 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolnamediangelo
Dude, you rock. Been fighting this all week and was getting mad at STO.

Thank YOU!!
you still can be mad on sto, using web launcher is most silly idea ever lol