Lt. Commander
# 1 Game unplayable due to chat bug
02-25-2012, 08:56 AM
The last few times that have log into the game have noticed that cannot read any conversations in the chat channels. Have given up trying to send in a bug report or even requesting GM help.

Have been ignored by the support staff that have decided to uninstall the game for the time being. Too bad cannot get a refund for the lifetime sub.

Will be checking this site from time to time in the hope the chat bug does get fix but with current reputation of cryptic I highly doubt it will be fixed. Still do not understand why I seemed to be affected by this bug and everyone else is not affected...

Chat bug also affected team chat, private tells, guild chat and other chat channels making it impossible to get a group, be a part of team, be in a guild/fleet.

For me this game has become unplayable......

Peace...............
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-25-2012, 09:01 AM
Good luck and much joy playing whatever game you drift into!
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-25-2012, 09:09 AM
i did not even know there was a chat bug.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-25-2012, 09:10 AM
Did you try the chat settings?

It is the little button to the right of the text bar.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-25-2012, 09:17 AM
How likely is it that he's in the wrong tab........
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-25-2012, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
i did not even know there was a chat bug.
actually there was and still is, CO has it, STO has it, came up BIG on the S4 release. You loose all ability to chat in any channel but can see it. Sometimes it goes away on its own, sometimes changing channels then saying something then switching back to your original fixes it, sometimes, you have to log, and hope it goes away. around the S4 launch it would shut down the entire chat system for minutes at a time it was that bad and that pervasive. Last I knew they were working on it in CO, in fact they had taken *or so I thought* some system folks from STO to CO to help nail it down.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-29-2012, 11:25 AM
Sorry to see you go, like you said though, now the game is F2P it's easy to check back and see if any issues that have led to you leaving have been rectified.
Closed Thread