Lt. Commander
# 1 Show Off Your Toons!
02-29-2012, 07:53 AM
I am working on a mini site that will let you show off your toons ships and boffs but I would like community input as to what you all would like to show off on each. As of right now you will need to input all your own information on the site when it is done but I am hoping to,once I get a pc version done, possibly get android and iphone apps for this going.so you can search and find other peoples toons.

So what would you all like to see in this?

Also if anyone from cryptic knows when the Captains database is coming back online.it would make this a lot easier.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-29-2012, 09:08 AM
Would you be able to do something like the wow armoury ?
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-29-2012, 09:13 AM
That is the general idea but without being able to.draw from the sto lis of items they will each need to be added manually so anyone who has time to get sone will.be welcome.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-29-2012, 09:14 AM
this is a great idea....do this!!
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-29-2012, 09:21 AM
Would it be possible to add the facility to upload the characters 'costume' file from the screenshots folder?

That way, if I see another persons BOFF I like the look of, I can download the file, pop it into my screenshots folder and select it in the tailor?
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-29-2012, 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfish1
Would it be possible to add the facility to upload the characters 'costume' file from the screenshots folder?

That way, if I see another persons BOFF I like the look of, I can download the file, pop it into my screenshots folder and select it in the tailor?
Yep that can be done.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-29-2012, 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveAngelis
I am working on a mini site that will let you show off your toons ships and boffs but I would like community input as to what you all would like to show off on each. As of right now you will need to input all your own information on the site when it is done but I am hoping to,once I get a pc version done, possibly get android and iphone apps for this going.so you can search and find other peoples toons.

So what would you all like to see in this?

Also if anyone from cryptic knows when the Captains database is coming back online.it would make this a lot easier.
just be careful how you proceed with this idea, it would be wise idea trying to get the support of cryptic/PWE and CBS that you are running a website about star trek online so nothing is abused.

as far as the captains database goes, this is as close as you will get on the subject, it means going through more then 2.5 million individual profiles, dont know about you, but i wouldnt even attempt it!

i will direct you to this, that will help you on your quest, but if there is a legal problem, you are on your own.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-29-2012, 09:42 AM
While I like looking at what other folks have done with uniforms and crew members, I'm not interested in what gear they have, there really isn't that much gear variety so we've seen it all already. I loved the show your crew threads that come up now and again and they inspired me to make the crew line up I have in my sig. Here is the old original thread, http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=116181 there may be a lot of broken links, but there are still some very creative pics in there. There was another thread as well but I don't feel like searching for it.

I'm still hoping we someday get to take at least one boff into social areas some day just to let them be seen.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-29-2012, 09:43 AM
I have played with the captains database before but when they overloaded the xml data it stopped working. I am not doing this for profit in any way.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-29-2012, 10:00 AM
doesnt matter if you profit or not, just saying if there is someting that is not liked by the companies you maybe asked to pull it down or end up in trouble. just fair warning.