Lt. Commander
This thread started out as a simple request for advice concerning weapons on my +1 B'Rel, never would I have guessed it would turn out as a complete game changer for me. I mean, I had fun before in Star Trek Online, now I have even more fun I am a tac alien, with a Brel science torpedo boat, confusing? Fun I say

The Torp BoP(henceforth "TB") is such a good marriage between the B'rels Enhanced Battle Cloak and the torpedo system. For you who are new to the idea, as I was until just recently, it's all about the ability to be able to fire torps and mines while cloaked. Since the torpedo doesn't depend on Weapons Power level and since we don't have any shields while cloaked, we can effectively run at full Aux and leave the rest to the engines. Every time you fire a torpedo from cloak, the cloak drops for 3 seconds and then automatically reinitializes unless you keep firing. The BoP is designed to be a hit-and-run type of ship, the TB makes this exra true.

Now, I started out with 4 copies of the Rapid Reload Transphasic torpedo(from one of the Breen episodes) but I quickly found that to be ineffective. I now run with 6 different torps. Fore: quantum, hargh'peng, Breen Cluster missile, Bio-neural warhead. Aft: Chroniton torp, tricobolt mine. Much better!

No rapid fire required (since I don't have any cannons), only high yield torpedo3 and torpedo spread2, and because of this my commander universal is a science boff. Gravity Well together with torp spread and the bio neural is death defined

Even though most of the skills are chosen to maximize torpedo(Kinetic) dmg, the build leaves an acceptible margin of customization after taste. I know that Kolbrand run a TB with more skills in engineering, and he makes that work, while I prefer having the left over skill points placed in the science tree. I guess Engineering is more logical because you are gonna take more damage to your hull than your shields, but I like to mix things up a bit Btw, Kolbrand is the one who guided me into the path of the TB, and for that I would like to thank him, as well as Jockey79.

I commented on the zone chat in DS-9 about making a TB and people went nuts, calling me crazy and saying " I hope I don't end up in a STF with you". I can say that, when I kill an Odyssey in 6 seconds, I know I am doing something right. I don't mean to say that the TB is invincible, but we can dish out a world of pain very fast, and be gone 3 secs later.

Recomended Item Sets: 2 pieces of the Borg set, and 2 pieces of the Klingon Honor Guard set(for 25% kinetic damage).

I will post my BOFF and skill layout when I get the time.

Meanwhile, here is a couple of videos by Kolbrand showing the B'rel TB off.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMaVkWQJBnY&feature
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZ6TbZ0SJkw&feature
POST IN PROGRESS... To be continued.

Please post your experience or questions if you have any, and hopefully someone can answer them. The goal for this thread is to inform the KDF newcomers of this somewhat crazy idea. Together we will make the Federation bleed.

I hope a DEV/CM sees this thread and STICKIES it.

// Redstar_Swe
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-29-2012, 09:08 AM
I use the enhanced battle cloak on that one to it's highest benefit by making the B'Rel into a torpedo boat.

Four rapid fire transphasic torpedo launchers in the front, bio neural warhead and a quantum torp in the back.

That way you don't need any power to weapons and can just max out the aux and engines power. Power to shields is a waste since you'll always be cloaked or about to cloak anyway.

Your alpha strikes will be weak as hell without energy weapons, but the Transphasics will hit to the hull and kill crew real good. This method will kill most tanky cruisers eventually with a million cuts while they fail to do more then ping off your hull before you re-cloak.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-29-2012, 10:23 AM
Wow, a torpedo boat, nice so the torpedoes don't share cooldown? With the 20% shield penetration bonus to the transphasics that would be an interesting build Anyone else tried this?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-29-2012, 11:09 AM
Not sure about most torpedo launchers, but the rapid fire Transphasics don't share a cool down. Combine four of them with Torp High Yield 3 and watch the fireworks from safely behind your enhanced battle cloak.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-29-2012, 11:36 AM
So, if I have the torpedos on simultaneous firing, and press high yield torp, will only one of them be high yield or all of them?

It's a shame I have to respecc in order to try this out.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-29-2012, 11:48 AM
I use THY3 quantum torpedos, and breen cluster to strip shields while the bioneural is in flight. Bio delivers the knockout.

Also have a tricobalt on there.

Highly recommend 2 pieces of the Klingon honor guard set for the +25% torp damage bonus.

For the rapid fire transphasics, don't they still have the global 1 second cooldown? If not...oh yeah!
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-01-2012, 06:44 AM
Now I'm going to have to try some of this out. I haven't used this ship since it came out. I seem to recall the cloak being buggy. I suppose they've got that straightened out then. Cluster torpedo, rapid reloads, minefields sounds like a good time. I'm in!!
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-01-2012, 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thissler
Now I'm going to have to try some of this out. I haven't used this ship since it came out. I seem to recall the cloak being buggy. I suppose they've got that straightened out then. Cluster torpedo, rapid reloads, minefields sounds like a good time. I'm in!!
Go ahead, I am really curious as well, report back with your findings
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-02-2012, 12:35 AM
It's better if you combine it wih a couple of Eject Plasma's and a Theta Radiation if you have it.

The build is not super powerful, but it will really **** people off.

Doesn't have to be a B'rel either really. cloak to jam to plasma+mines to phew phew is a lot faster.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-02-2012, 01:31 AM
If you're going for the Transphasics, you should equip at least 2 pieces of the Breen set, as it gives +30% damage to Transphasic torpedoes.
Closed Thread