Ensign
# 221
07-05-2012, 12:18 PM
Ok, just discovered some of the builds/advice in this thread, and I'm not going to lie, they're stupid fun.
Lieutenant
# 222
07-07-2012, 12:25 AM
http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skil...reltorpshran_0

How does this look for a captain build?
Commander
# 223
07-07-2012, 05:34 PM
I run more in aux performance and stealth, but overall looks alright to me. You'll do more damage than I do.
Captain
# 224
08-15-2012, 05:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrskyfaller View Post
Try this..(brevity)

Cmdr Tactical

Omega 3, High Yield 3, High Yield 2, Tac Team 1

Lt Cmdr Tactical

Omega 1 1, Dispersal 1 (spread), torp spread 1

Lt Engineering
Engineering Team 1, Aux to SIF

Lt Science
Hazard 2, Polarize Hull 1

Simple concept: double charge omega 3 and 1 so your torpedo damage goes beyond ridiculous...

Queue up omega 3 then high yield 3. Wait until omega 1 and high yield 2 are available and click them both. You now have 15 seconds to attack before stacked buffs
Would it be more beneficial to use Attack Pattern Alpha or Beta instead of AP Omega 1? The would still buff damage by lowering attacker resistance.
Just say no to ARC
Captain
# 225
08-15-2012, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tancrediiv View Post
Would it be more beneficial to use Attack Pattern Alpha or Beta instead of AP Omega 1? The would still buff damage by lowering attacker resistance.
Alpha isn't a BOFF skill. Are you thinking Beta and Delta?
I'd say that either of those skills would work, as lowering your target's resistance makes it easier for your whole team to deal more damage.
Captain
# 226
08-16-2012, 07:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shookyang View Post
Alpha isn't a BOFF skill. Are you thinking Beta and Delta?
I'd say that either of those skills would work, as lowering your target's resistance makes it easier for your whole team to deal more damage.
Correct. Greek Delta and beta characters gornfused me as they looked like A and B.
Just say no to ARC
Captain
# 227
08-16-2012, 08:50 AM
Quote:
Correct. Greek Delta and beta characters gornfused me as they looked like A and B.
On my build, I only use AP: O, as I use a Sci BOFF at the Lt. Commander level (for heals and Tachyon Beam).

I could use Delta and Beta to help the team, but I'm not always going after the same target as everyone else. Also, I don't do sustained fire. So, in this case, I would opt for AP: O for the weapon boost.

It should also be noted that the AP: O also breaks/resists holds. I don't have the luxury of slotting a Poloraized Hull, so I rely on AP: O so I don't get tractored.
Captain
# 228
08-17-2012, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shookyang View Post
On my build, I only use AP: O, as I use a Sci BOFF at the Lt. Commander level (for heals and Tachyon Beam).

I could use Delta and Beta to help the team, but I'm not always going after the same target as everyone else. Also, I don't do sustained fire. So, in this case, I would opt for AP: O for the weapon boost.

It should also be noted that the AP: O also breaks/resists holds. I don't have the luxury of slotting a Poloraized Hull, so I rely on AP: O so I don't get tractored.
This was more directed at CmdrSkyfallers build: that's why I quoted it.

I understand why you use AP:O. I Use AP: O 3 also. I think it might be more beneficial to use Delta or Beta 1 with O 3. You are stacking AP: O 1 and AP:O 3 for a bigger buff. What I am considering is would it be better or easier to Stack Ap:O 3 with Delta or Beta 1? Lowering target resistance and helping the team is a broader approach, and IIRC, Beta can targeted to a friendly, say the tank with aggro, hereby improving your strike.

Do Apelta/Beta share cool downs with Omega when they are on different Tacs?
Just say no to ARC

Last edited by tancrediiv; 08-17-2012 at 02:05 PM.
Captain
# 229
08-17-2012, 02:08 PM
Quote:
This was more directed at CmdrSkyfallers build: that's why I quoted it.

I understand why you use AP:O. I Use AP: O 3 also. I think it might be more beneficial to use Delta or Beta 1 with O 3. You are stacking AP: O 1 and AP:O 3 for a bigger buff. What I am considering is would it be better or easier to Stack Ap:O 3 with Delta or Beta 1? Lowering target resistance and helping the team is a broader approach, and IIRC, Beta can targeted to a friendly, say the tank with aggro, hereby improving your strike.

Do Ap: Delta/Beta share cool downs with Omega when they are on different Tacs?
Yes, Omega shares it's cooldown with Delta and Beta, regardless of which tactical officer is using the ability.

Also, you can't stack Omega with another Omega or Delta/Beta. By the time the 15 second shared cooldown ends, the previous skill should have already ended.
Captain
# 230
08-23-2012, 11:04 AM
I'm thinking of changing up some of my torpedo loadout.

Currently, I'm running the following:
Fore = Quantum, Bio-Neural, Cluster, Hargh'Peng
Aft = Chron, Rapid Reload

I'm not impressed with the Rapid Reload (plus, I'd rather have Torpedo: Spread or Torpedo: High Yield working with the Chronitons), so I'm thinking of changing it to the following:
Fore= Quantum, Bio, Plasma, Hargh'Peng
Aft = Chron, Cluster

I figure the Plasma would be more useful for the DoT, like the Hargh'Peng, particularly because I maxed out the Particle Generators skill. Plasma and Hargh'Peng stack, right?

Thoughts?
Closed Thread