Survivor of Remus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 128
# 231
08-23-2012, 02:18 PM
shookyang im a tac too.

it sounds like you have a good layout,
please can you post your boff and console info and please can you use http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skillplanner/


I have the Aceton Assimilato and the photonic leecher console also are they any good ?
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,268
# 232
08-23-2012, 06:54 PM
If you're talking about the Plasmonic Leech console, it's useless in a B'Rel Torpedo Boat. The console requires you to use Energy Weapons to benefit from it.

Also, I've steered clear of the Breen Cluster. That weapon has become very unreliable ever since Season 6 hit. Half the time it just disappears upon "hitting" the target and no mines dispersing for an attack. If not that, it just hangs there in space, motionless with the target still moving around.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,122
# 233
08-23-2012, 10:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by unheard1978 View Post
shookyang im a tac too.

it sounds like you have a good layout,
please can you post your boff and console info and please can you use http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skillplanner/


I have the Aceton Assimilato and the photonic leecher console also are they any good ?
http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skil...breltorpboat_0
I use Aceton Assimilators and like the radiation damage it does (drain is broken on it).

After damage buffs, it can do about 2-3k of damage every time it's hit with energy weapons. Can take out shields pretty fast if they aren't paying attention. Fantastic to use in the middle of a dog fight with people spamming pets and FAW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by warmaker001b View Post
Also, I've steered clear of the Breen Cluster. That weapon has become very unreliable ever since Season 6 hit. Half the time it just disappears upon "hitting" the target and no mines dispersing for an attack. If not that, it just hangs there in space, motionless with the target still moving around.
Here's hoping they fix it. I haven't been using my B'rel in awhile. When I get back to it, hopefully it'll be fixed.

The issue I'm having right now, is that the keybind for "Fire all energy and torpedoes" isn't binding correctly. It's not activating when I press the key that is supposed to activate it.
Survivor of Remus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 128
# 234
08-24-2012, 06:16 AM
thank you shookyang and warmaker001b for your info.

so please what are the best consoles to use ?

I have 3 Warhead Yield Chamber Tactical Console.


1 Monotanium Alloy Engineering Console
2 Neutronium Alloy Engineering Console

any others ?

great build shookyang I see you are skilled like Cygone

I see you have 0 points in Starship Warp Core Efficiency I know thats because of the Bridge officers Efficient increases.

please can you tell me your view about Starship Shield Emitters and Starship Shield Systems. ?
does Efficient increase them too ?

thank you

Last edited by unheard1978; 08-24-2012 at 07:27 AM.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,122
# 235
08-24-2012, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by unheard1978 View Post
thank you shookyang and warmaker001b for your info.

so please what are the best consoles to use ?

I have 3 Warhead Yield Chamber Tactical Console.


1 Monotanium Alloy Engineering Console
2 Neutronium Alloy Engineering Console

any others ?

great build shookyang I see you are skilled like Cygone

I see you have 0 points in Starship Warp Core Efficiency I know thats because of the Bridge officers Efficient increases.

please can you tell me your view about Starship Shield Emitters and Starship Shield Systems. ?
does Efficient increase them too ?

thank you
Yes, I adapted Cygone's build for my B'rel.

If you're going to go with science lt. commander, you'll probably want to slot a drain ability. In which case, you'll need a Flow Capacitor to boost that. I will have to check, but I believe I only have 2 neutronium consoles, 3 war head consoles, 1 flow capacitor, 1 borg console, 1 rule 62 console, and 1 aceton assimilator.

I only put one point in Warp Core Efficiency, because I had 1,500 points I didn't know what to do with. The reason why I didn't put any points in it for this build, is because the B'rel torp boat doesn't need power in weapons (weapon power levels do not affect torpedo damage) and shields (shield resists are unnecessary if you're going to be cloaked the majority of the time you fire). With that in mind, I was able to redistribute the unused energy to Aux and Engines, putting them over 75 (at that point, Warp Core Efficiency doesn't give you any bonus energy).

As for Warp Core Efficiency working with Shield Emitters and Shield Systems, not really on the former and no on the latter. I believe what boosts shield heals is Aux. If your Aux is above 75, you no longer get any benefits from Efficiency. If you're flying a B'rel, you'd probably want your Aux as high as you can for the Stealth boost and any Sci/heal abilities you may use. Shield Systems just boosts your maximum shield capacity. Your shield's power levels is related to your shield's resists, not it's capacity.

That said, if you're going with a B'rel torpedo boat, don't bother with shield heals or shield skills. The majority of the time, you will be cloaked and you will be firing from a cloaked position. If you are decloaked, run away and jam their sensors if you need to. With enough engine power, you should be able to get away with evasive maneuvers and attack patern: omega. Or, at least survive for your cloak cooldown to end.

Rather then worry about your shields, you should be picking up hull heals like Hazard Emitters 2, Engineering Team, and Aux to SIF.
Survivor of Remus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 128
# 236
08-24-2012, 09:59 AM
I forgot to ask please can you tell me what duty officers you have too ?
I have 3 blue rare Projectile Weapons Officer.

Last edited by unheard1978; 08-24-2012 at 10:55 AM.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,122
# 237
08-24-2012, 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by unheard1978 View Post
I forgot to ask please can you tell me what duty officers you have too ?
I have 3 blue rare Projectile Weapons Officer.
I don't recall what rarity I have, but I think they are uncommon.

I have 3 projectile doffs, 1 deflector officer, and 1 warp theorist.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,268
# 238
08-24-2012, 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by unheard1978 View Post
thank you shookyang and warmaker001b for your info.

so please what are the best consoles to use ?

I have 3 Warhead Yield Chamber Tactical Console.


1 Monotanium Alloy Engineering Console
2 Neutronium Alloy Engineering Console

any others ?

great build shookyang I see you are skilled like Cygone

I see you have 0 points in Starship Warp Core Efficiency I know thats because of the Bridge officers Efficient increases.

please can you tell me your view about Starship Shield Emitters and Starship Shield Systems. ?
does Efficient increase them too ?

thank you
Tac Consoles: Alot of the times I've gone with 3 Warhead Yield Chambers also. Imperative, IMO, if you mix your Torpedo types.

Of course, if you focus your B'Rel Torpedo Boat (I'll shorten it to BTB) for a single damage type, by all means, get the proper damage focus console.

Something else that can't be stressed enough is the 2/3 Klingon Honor Guard bonus to have the torp damage bonus. That will increase your damage output alot more.

Eng Consoles: I've flipped around a bit on this. My BTB is captained by a Sci officer. I've usually gone with Injector Assy (Eng Pwr), Booster Assy (Aux Pwr), and Neutronium Armor. That's my balanced Eng Console layout. Important is the boost to Aux Power for better stealth as well as better Sci Abilities that are based on that power level. I could specialize either way for maximizing a particular one, but balance is what I usually prefer.

Sci Consoles: Grav Gen, Particle Gens. I use Gravity Well, so this stuff is ideal to improve them.

Shield heal abilities: Very low priority, IMO. You can have them and they are nice for an emergency if you get popped out of cloak. But consider that you fly cloaked for most of the time unless using an ability that targets others or firing torps. In many cases other than those 2 scenarios, I would fly cloaked practically 100% of the match. You are better served to spend secondary Sci BOFF slots on Polarize Hull and/or Hazard Emitters. The former will give a good resist value as well as Tractor immunity. The latter gives a modest resist bonus as well as a HOT. Both, with coordinated use of Brace for Impact, can help boosting your hull resists in an emergency as you try to get out of danger.
Survivor of Remus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 128
# 239
08-25-2012, 09:54 AM
are there any must have Universal Consoles that could help a BTB ?

Barrier Field Generator
Graviton Pulse Generator
Isometric Charge
Magnetometric Generator
Plasmonic Leech - i know this one is usless for a BTB
Subspace Jumper

i repeced my a tac officer.
still feel i die to fast which is a shame in STF, i do better dps.

Last edited by unheard1978; 08-25-2012 at 12:13 PM.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,122
# 240
08-25-2012, 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by unheard1978 View Post
are there any must have Universal Consoles that could help a BTB ?

Barrier Field Generator
Graviton Pulse Generator
Isometric Charge
Magnetometric Generator
Plasmonic Leech - i know this one is usless for a BTB
Subspace Jumper

i repeced my a tac officer.
still feel i die to fast which is a shame in STF, i do better dps.
Hull tanking in STF is harder, because of the Borg's buffed weapons. But, it's still doable. I've stayed alive an entire round routinely with my B'rel. I'm also able to take on a cube on my own on Elite. Also, that was why I suggested having lots of hull heal abilities.

Subspace Jumper decloaks my cloaked Tactical Escort Retrofit, so it may decloak a ship with battle cloak and enhanced battle cloak.

I don't know if those other consoles require you to decloak to use them. Aceton Assimilators does not.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:08 AM.