Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
03-05-2012, 05:18 AM
Torpedo boats are teh Bread and Butter of the B'rel-R.
I use a wide assortment myself but will put the RF transphasic to the test to see how they work.
I play it from Science Toon.
I also use the Breen Shields and Engines to get the +30% Kinetic damage boost with Borg Deflector and the UniBorg console, (3) Kinetic boost consoles, (2) nuetronium alloys, a Jumper console, SHield Generator, SHield Field Amplifier, and a GpG.

You can stack in (3) DOffs that lower the CDs of Torpedo (the latest FE gives a Blue DOff), run at 25 weapons power, High SHields and High Aux and be a Torpedo kill boat and a light healer for Ker'rat level PvP.

My curiuosity (and yet untested ) is does the 3-second decloak allow enough time for Energy weapons to fire?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
03-05-2012, 10:59 AM
Sorry guys, but the RR Transphasic boat blows. They still have the 1sec global torp cooldown, and you only get THY on the first one you fire.

Taking anybody down with that is going to require an incompetent target.

I will admit though, I only tried it for about 10 minutes before going back to my regular build.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
03-05-2012, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolbrand
Sorry guys, but the RR Transphasic boat blows. They still have the 1sec global torp cooldown, and you only get THY on the first one you fire.

Taking anybody down with that is going to require an incompetent target.

I will admit though, I only tried it for about 10 minutes before going back to my regular build.
A 1 second global cooldown doesn't sound to bad for me, the rapids have 8 secs reload so if I have 3 or 4 I can still have them on continuous firing and throw in high yield/ torp spread when it is available. I also employ every possible sci shield destroyer skill available . The chroniton was spot on, but I made a fool of myself when acquiring the rapids today, I bought two ordinary purple ones by mistake... Well, it's only energy credits. Today I did the breen episode that rewards you with the rapid variant, so now I have 2. I'll do it again tomorrow so I can test the torp boat to its fullest.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
My curiuosity (and yet untested ) is does the 3-second decloak allow enough time for Energy weapons to fire?
What energy weapons?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
03-05-2012, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolbrand
Sorry guys, but the RR Transphasic boat blows. They still have the 1sec global torp cooldown, and you only get THY on the first one you fire.

Taking anybody down with that is going to require an incompetent target.

I will admit though, I only tried it for about 10 minutes before going back to my regular build.
Thank you for letting us know that/

Anybody else tried the torpedo boat build and test it against human players?

Please post feedback whether it works or not.

To me a single B'rel torpedo boat just doesn't make any sense at least not in theory. A duo of B'rel refit one equipped with energy weapons to deplete the shield and the torpedo boat going for the kill however might not be a bad idea. But for 2 B'rel refit you might as well go with the conventional setup mix of torpedo and energy weapons.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
03-05-2012, 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by discovery7810
Thank you for letting us know that/

Anybody else tried the torpedo boat build and test it against human players?

Please post feedback whether it works or not.

To me a single B'rel torpedo boat just doesn't make any sense at least not in theory. A duo of B'rel refit one equipped with energy weapons to deplete the shield and the torpedo boat going for the kill however might not be a bad idea. But for 2 B'rel refit you might as well go with the conventional setup mix of torpedo and energy weapons.
Search is your friend.....


Quote:
Originally Posted by jockey79 View Post
I've used my B'rel Retro for all sorts, PVP it can be great.

As already stated PvP you need to pick and choose your targets.

I've recently been trying out an all torp config in STFs with my guild mates, and it worked a lot better than I expected. A friend has been using an all energy weapon config and can strip shields very fast, I follow him and drop a HYT3 plasma, Tricobalt and Breen cluster (last one for over kill as I'm a sick puppy )

We were all amazed at how much damage I can spike in 1 go with that config. Also have Bio-N to alt fire with my Tricobalt (30 sec global cooldown so 30 sec refire as opposed to 1 min for 1 device) and use plasma and breen on the rear as well. This is really good as you do not have to drop from cloak at all so never become a target, but it does rely on others taking shields down first.

With the right skills, and concentration, you can do almost* anything in the B'rel Retro.

* = Except tank of course
And direct response to me 3 posts after mine.....


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolbrand
Just want to pop in and say that this build is pure WIN.

I used THY Quantums, followed by the Breen Cluster, followed by Bioneural (plus the Trico for reduced cooldown).

The only thing I couldn't pop solo was one of those ugly tri-nacelled enterprise abominations flown by a good player.
Enjoy
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
03-05-2012, 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redstar_swe
A 1 second global cooldown doesn't sound to bad for me, the rapids have 8 secs reload so if I have 3 or 4 I can still have them on continuous firing and throw in high yield/ torp spread when it is available. I also employ every possible sci shield destroyer skill available . The chroniton was spot on, but I made a fool of myself when acquiring the rapids today, I bought two ordinary purple ones by mistake... Well, it's only energy credits. Today I did the breen episode that rewards you with the rapid variant, so now I have 2. I'll do it again tomorrow so I can test the torp boat to its fullest
Well, waiting for 3 global cooldowns, you are staying vulnerable for at least 6 seconds. That isn't too bad; in fact, I do it all the time with my loadout above. The problem is that you are not doing enough damage. This means you need multiple copies of torp high yield or spread just to begin approaching useful amounts of damage. A decent cruiser pilot is still likely to permatank you.

On top of this, just to apply that damage, you will need to be decloaked more than you will be cloaked. You might as well fit cannons and go to a Hegh'ta at that point. I use my B'rel in single, high damage strikes. If the Target is alone, I will maneuver and make multiple quantum passes to finish him off if he managed to survive my alpha. With the Transphasic fit, you will always need to make multiple passes, and forget about taking down a single ship out of a fedball.

We have to play this ship to it's strengths. Otherwise the Hegh'ta is a better choice for 'standard' BoP play.

Edit: To add to the poster above me, I switched the second Trico for a hargh'peng. I can alpha just about anything now with all buffs running. Only limiting factor is the Bioneural making contact against good players. I have racked up over 170 fed kills in only a few hours of play since I tried that build.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
03-05-2012, 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolbrand
Edit: To add to the poster above me, I switched the second Trico for a hargh'peng. I can alpha just about anything now with all buffs running. Only limiting factor is the Bioneural making contact against good players. I have racked up over 170 fed kills in only a few hours of play since I tried that build.
LOL, didn't notice when I posted you were posting in here as well

Yeah, I've been trying out the Hargh'peng myself for a 4 torp alpha strike. Kept a tri and a breen on the rear atm, though I miss having mines to annoy people between alphas as I took to breen + plasma mines + aceton + turret drop... really annoys people in PvP

Glad to see you enjoyed the load out I posted and have been tweaking it, nothing like putting those little tweaks to a config to make you feel like the hard work and suffering we do as BoP pilots is worth it when it all comes together and works out well

Edit: Forgot to ask Kolbrand, how you getting on versus the Gal-X now after your tweaking? I hope you now pop them with ease
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
03-05-2012, 06:10 PM
Is the only way to get a KDF Hargh'peng still to craft (a bound) one? Because the character using the torpedo boat isn't the same character maxed on crafting.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
03-05-2012, 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destinii
Is the only way to get a KDF Hargh'peng still to craft (a bound) one? Because the character using the torpedo boat isn't the same character maxed on crafting.
Last time I looked ( 24 hours ago) it was still bind on pick up

However, if your in a fleet I'm sure you can all max out crafting quite fast, I got mine to max with my science in less than 15 minutes (and our KDF fleet only has 6 people in it)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30
03-05-2012, 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by discovery7810
For me I load 3 dual heavy cannon(disruptor) and a transphasic cluster torpedo forward.
For aft I have transphasic mine and a disruptor turret.

The strategy is to DECLOAK and fire all weapons and buffs(and gravity wells as well as tractor beam) and then launch the aft mines in face distance then getting away and cloak back.

The aft disruptor turret is for shooting incoming destructible projectile.


But if I see the enemy firepower not too overpowering I just park near or very near and keep firing everything until he go BOOM.

The firing torp on cloak is just an icing not meant anything big imo. It gives you an option to harass but never meant to give anything significant in advantage.
If you're doing this, you should really be in a Hegh'ta, as it has more hull and shields, with the only thing the B'rel has over it is enhanced battle cloak, which you're not making use of anyway by decloaking manually.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:35 AM.