Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 41
03-06-2012, 12:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by discovery7810
I very much would like to so see an all torp B'rel refit in action any videos on it?
I will fraps some on Wednesday and post it here.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 42
03-06-2012, 01:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolbrand
I will fraps some on Wednesday and post it here.
That will be very cool. Thank you! Post it on youtube
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 43
03-06-2012, 03:01 AM
Yes, that would be awesome, please include your skills by pressing P and show them of for a brief while when making the video so that we may see. Of course we will be able to see your ui, but showing them in this manner makes it more clear. It would also be nice with a quick viewing of the ship (U) so we see the weapons layout I am really looking forward to watching it
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 44
03-06-2012, 05:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redstar_swe
What energy weapons?
The question was, Does the 3-second window of decloaking allow enough time to fire energy weapons?

The idea just came to me and I was curiuos if anybody had tried it yet and seen if the window is large enough to allow it and if so, what energy weapons where used?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 45
03-06-2012, 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
The question was, Does the 3-second window of decloaking allow enough time to fire energy weapons?

The idea just came to me and I was curiuos if anybody had tried it yet and seen if the window is large enough to allow it and if so, what energy weapons where used?
No, it does not. Weapons and shields stay offline when you do a quick 3 - 5 sec torp volley.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 46
03-06-2012, 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jockey79 View Post
No, it does not. Weapons and shields stay offline when you do a quick 3 - 5 sec torp volley.
Thanks. That what I thought but it happens so quickly it was hard to tell.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 47
03-06-2012, 12:40 PM
Here is a small preview:

I don't know what this guy was doing at the time, but he was an easy kill, so that is a little bit of a bummer. If nothing else, it perfectly illustrates the concept behind the torpedo B'rel build.

Video
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 48
03-06-2012, 12:43 PM
I was fighting the breen today and got my *** handed to me, those polarons owned my shields and that was it. A question, if I have several copies of high yield do they share the same cd or how does it work? I find I can't spam as much torps as I would like to even with 4 rapid reloads.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 49
03-06-2012, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Thanks. That what I thought but it happens so quickly it was hard to tell.
Yea, I've had to re-focus all my efforts into the B'rel at the moment with my Tac, and now I fully understand the decloak it is;

Fire 1 torp = 3 seconds decloak, no shields or weapons
Fire 2 torps = decloak on first and stay that way (including no shields/weapons) until after 3 seconds from the 2nd one fired
Fire 3 or 4, same again - so you have the time it takes for all the torps to fire, and then 3 seconds.

(This assumes you use torps with less than 3 second global cool down - longer than 3 you will cloak again until next shot)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 50
03-06-2012, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolbrand
Here is a small preview:

I don't know what this guy was doing at the time, but he was an easy kill, so that is a little bit of a bummer. If nothing else, it perfectly illustrates the concept behind the torpedo B'rel build.

Video
That cuased quite the stir I would imagine.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:38 AM.