Lt. Commander
# 71
03-09-2012, 10:57 AM
It's really too bad you can't put mines in the front and the aft.
Lt. Commander
# 72
03-09-2012, 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redstar_swe
Do KHG really have a torp buff? Can't find any info on that on Stowiki. Is it the Subspace Decompiler?
Yes, it does

I run the KHG for that reason on my torp boat.

All so, I do STFs with it. My fleet just leave me to handle the all the buildings etc.. while they play with the spawns. You really have to see what a torp boat can do to a gate

I may have to get fraps
Lt. Commander
# 73
03-09-2012, 11:27 AM
On a side note for everyone having problems running a torp boat.

I'm sure one of us who run a torp boat would be happy to help you practice in private matches.

I know I'd be more than happy to dust off my fed cruiser and help you out with a torp setup that suits you in a private 1 on 1 so you can practice attack runs etc and talk about skills.

Just send me a message on here or in game @Jockey79 and I can sort something out - trust me, once you get a B'rel -R torp boat setup, you will wonder why anyone would fly anything else

My normal game times are 20:00hrs - 01:00hrs GMT / UTC

If any other vet would like to offer private tutoring to help our fellow KDF learn the joys of the B'rel, please speak up (Kolbrand.. I'm looking at you lol :p)
Lt. Commander
# 74
03-09-2012, 02:10 PM
So, B'rel pilots, what else works under Cloak? What can Boffs run besides Torpedos & Heals?

I run the variety of Torpedo abilities on 2 tactical boffs, sure. I have Hazard Emitters to heal & Polarize Hull to get out of dodge on my sci boffs.

It didn't seem to let me use Tyken's Rift III under Cloak I guess I should run an experiment with some of my sci officers...
Lt. Commander
# 75
03-09-2012, 05:22 PM
My Boffs have:

Tac: Tactical Team, Beta, THY3, Omega
Sci: Polarize Hull, Jam Sensors, Scramble Sensors
Eng: EPTShields, Reverse Shield Polarity (For when a sci decloaks me)
Eng: Eng Team, Aux to SIF

I focus on surviving to attack again, obviously. So far, no deaths

Edit: I am very angry right now. In the last update, whatever their 'science power' update included, I can no longer use Scramble Sensors, and Jam Targeting Sensors when I decloak to fire. So long as the Enhanced Battle Cloak is engaged, whether I am visible or not, they will not function at all.

I am super mad. Apparently our little Bīrel was soooooo overpowered that it needed a nerf? I wonder what brought this on, or if it was intended or not.
Lt. Commander
# 76
03-09-2012, 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by catliketyping

It didn't seem to let me use Tyken's Rift III under Cloak I guess I should run an experiment with some of my sci officers...
Science abiliites pop you out of cloak like torpedo attacks do, but they don't turn *off* the cloak. You recloak after a few seconds, much much shorter than the 20 second cooldown Battle Cloak would take. I run Gravity Well and Tyken's Rift all the time with the B'rel.
Lt. Commander
# 77
03-09-2012, 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolbrand

Edit: I am very angry right now. In the last update, whatever their 'science power' update included, I can no longer use Scramble Sensors, and Jam Targeting Sensors when I decloak to fire. So long as the Enhanced Battle Cloak is engaged, whether I am visible or not, they will not function at all.

I am super mad. Apparently our little Bīrel was soooooo overpowered that it needed a nerf? I wonder what brought this on, or if it was intended or not.
I'm hoping that it's just a bug. I've been annoyed since the outset with the way the B'rel has been treated. It didn't even get to Tribble for testing before being nerfed because of all the screaming some PvPers did when they just saw the description of it.

The ship as it was originally designed would have been so nice, and it was getting decent after being *so* craptacular... I really hope this isn't a step back.
Lt. Commander
# 78
03-09-2012, 06:19 PM
Created a thread in General Feedback. Drop in and give it some love if you love the 1600 C-points you dropped for this ship.
Lt. Commander
# 79
03-09-2012, 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destinii
Science abiliites pop you out of cloak like torpedo attacks do, but they don't turn *off* the cloak. You recloak after a few seconds, much much shorter than the 20 second cooldown Battle Cloak would take. I run Gravity Well and Tyken's Rift all the time with the B'rel.
Maybe it's the bug thing, then. I don't seem to be able to use Tyken's Rift ("greyed" out, no matter how close/facing the target), but I haven't tried running Gravity Well III yet.

Hargh'Peng torpedo still works, thankfully

And is Tyken's Rift modified by "Particle Generators"?
And Grav Well is also "Particle Generator"? Or is it "Graviton"?

I'm running extra Particle Generators with the Deflector & Sci consoles (plus Stealth & the Borg console), but neither the tooltip nor the wiki seem all that helpful.

I'd bump the thread in the General Feedback, but my experiences in the B'rel are still limited.

EDIT:
I do like Hargh'Peng torpedos. Crit with them, and all the little Hargh'Peng DoTs go "CRITICAL" "CRITICAL"
Lt. Commander
# 80
03-10-2012, 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by catliketyping
Maybe it's the bug thing, then. I don't seem to be able to use Tyken's Rift ("greyed" out, no matter how close/facing the target), but I haven't tried running Gravity Well III yet.

Hargh'Peng torpedo still works, thankfully

And is Tyken's Rift modified by "Particle Generators"?
And Grav Well is also "Particle Generator"? Or is it "Graviton"?

I'm running extra Particle Generators with the Deflector & Sci consoles (plus Stealth & the Borg console), but neither the tooltip nor the wiki seem all that helpful.

I'd bump the thread in the General Feedback, but my experiences in the B'rel are still limited.

EDIT:
I do like Hargh'Peng torpedos. Crit with them, and all the little Hargh'Peng DoTs go "CRITICAL" "CRITICAL"
It is a bug, and it should be fixed now or with the coming patch.
Closed Thread