Lt. Commander
# 11
03-03-2012, 06:02 AM
This is why you use Omega. You can even run two copies of it. And it gives a damage buff as well as defensive buffs and mobility. I use one omega and one polarize as I feel 4 tactical weapons buffs just brings more to the table with the insane number of opportunities for aoe damage.

Remember everything in the STF happens in exactly the same manner as it did the last time. Just aim the pointy bit of your ship at the bad guys and start pew pewing.

Allow me to explain as that sounds a bit flippant. There's no surprises in an STF. You know where you need your ship to be. It's really just a big game of space turrets. You don't need to out maneuver a borg gate. There are no CC targets in an stf that you can't vaporize, and the targets that you can't vaporize do not move, so they don't really need to be CC'd. Just put you're ship where the bad guys are going to be and blow them up as they appear.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-03-2012, 08:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thissler
This is why you use Omega. You can even run two copies of it. And it gives a damage buff as well as defensive buffs and mobility. I use one omega and one polarize as I feel 4 tactical weapons buffs just brings more to the table with the insane number of opportunities for aoe damage.

Remember everything in the STF happens in exactly the same manner as it did the last time. Just aim the pointy bit of your ship at the bad guys and start pew pewing.

Allow me to explain as that sounds a bit flippant. There's no surprises in an STF. You know where you need your ship to be. It's really just a big game of space turrets. You don't need to out maneuver a borg gate. There are no CC targets in an stf that you can't vaporize, and the targets that you can't vaporize do not move, so they don't really need to be CC'd. Just put you're ship where the bad guys are going to be and blow them up as they appear.
Not quite true, the surprises come from your own team-mates, heh. Otherwise, I understand what you are saying.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-03-2012, 08:16 AM
Omega doesn't fit into my BOff layout.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-03-2012, 09:23 AM
TS1, TS2, CSV2, CSV3
TT1, TT2, APO1,

After that for science you need a hazard emitters to clear debuffs and a heal and resistance, and a polarize hull goes nicely for resistance buff and to free you from tractors.

Using an engineer to give an aux to integrity gives you a nice heal you can pair with the hazards and an aux battery to good effect on yourself or a team mate. I'll often put an engineering team in here for healing out of combat, or for using on the Kang. In combat obviously you're running the two tactical teams.

Just thought I'd drop this here for you again. You don't need that extra science. There's nothing you need to CC that you just can't destroy. There's nothing that you can CC long enough to wait for your single target abilities to refresh. AOE them down. AOE will always be the king in these as the faster the groups go down the more time you have for the large objects. AOE is FAR more effective at dealing with the groups than single target and only SLIGHTLY less effective on the large objects.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-03-2012, 11:25 AM
That's cool bro.

Omega doesn't fit into my BOff layout.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-04-2012, 07:27 AM
TAC CAPTAIN in a BOP:
TT1, APB1, CRF2(orCSV2), CRF3(orCSV3)
TT1, APB1
EPtS1, EptS2, AptSi2 (or flavor heals to taste)
HE1, PH2 (or PH1, HE2)

SCI CAPTAIN in a BOP:
TT1, CRF1(or CSV1)
TT1, CRF1(or CSV1)
EPtS1, EPtS2, AptSi2 (or flavor heals to taste)
PH1(or Jam1), Energy Siphon 1, Tykens Rift 2, Gravity Well 3

4 DHC's up front, 2 turrets aft. Antiproton or Disruptor if TAC. Polaron if SCI (suck away that power, yo)
3 energy weapon consoles matching your fore and aft weapons.
2 EPS consoles and 1 Plasmonic Leach (if you don't have one, save your dilithium and buy one)

TAC cap Sci consoles: Field Emitter, Assimilated Console, SOMETHING COOL
SCI cap Sci consoles: Field Emitter, Flow Capacitors. MORE FLOW CAPACITORS

For tac, this is a pretty common build. I've never tried the Science, as I thought it up just now. But I imagine you'd find it was everything you'd get out of a FED science ship, only it would actually deal some serious damage out of those forward DHC's. Obviously it isn't usually taken by sci klink captains as the carriers are very popular. But I don't see why this wouldn't be sweet.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-05-2012, 08:32 AM
I love my Gumba. My build is

Front
Diiruptor XII Borg x3
Quantum Torpedio XII Borgx1

Back

Either Turrents x3 Or Switch to x3 Beams and get in close and deall 3000+ dps on Tac cubes. (They are big enough that the beams and cannons will fire at the same time if you are sideways and close)

X4 Disruptor Tac Consoles

Have to use Disrupters so that the Disrupter lance gets a bonus as well.

I have a tac that runs this and I am building an engineer. Scis are pointless in the Kilingon world.