Lt. Commander
# 21
02-29-2012, 05:18 PM
Dev's have responded to this issue in another thread...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehpic
There appears to have been an internet outage somewhere in the EU that is causing connectivity problems for European customers. Unfortunately this is something that is beyond our control and we will all just have to wait for the various ISPs involved to solve it.
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...81#post4059381
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-29-2012, 05:31 PM
Alright, ill buy that STO is bandwidth heavy. but more so than 3 videos, netflix, and league of legends at the same time? and more than the star wars mmo? i highly doubt STO is more bandwidth heavy than that game.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-29-2012, 05:36 PM
And its definitly not just me. there tons of ppl that cant connect. wonder why an EU thing would affect me though, im in the US
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-29-2012, 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceman4
Alright, ill buy that STO is bandwidth heavy. but more so than 3 videos, netflix, and league of legends at the same time? and more than the star wars mmo? i highly doubt STO is more bandwidth heavy than that game.
But bandwidth isn't the only issue here... The issue that brings down low-end routers is not bandwidth, but the number of open simultaneous network connections... (which for a cheap router, can have a supported limit of as little as 15 network connections at any one time...)
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-29-2012, 05:55 PM
Well, I'm at college, and the router here usually works fine. Ive been playing this game for a cuple weeks with no issues. also, i can log in now, but every time i see a loading screen, i get dcd. its really annoying
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-01-2012, 08:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grouchy.Otaku
All the threads about low quality routers crashing when playing STO shows that STO is unlike other Internet games, and is much more network intensive... A marginal network connection may work fine with other low-bandwidth games, but STO works like a network stress test, and will quickly bring out flaws in your connection...

yeah sure... its users fault...

and microwaves are elephants...

*** lol cheap routers XD i have a samsung router...almost everythigni have is from samsung.. AND i can play ALL games on this planet without ANY problem...

ALSO my Wife got the same problem.. and 4 of my people had all the same errors.. with different routers from different locations..

But i think it dosent matters what people say.. you just ignore the fact that youre wrong.

Im playing Online games since more than 12 years now... and im tired of forum trolls who dont want to accept facts...

I hope to see you next time having problems with the connection and then i promise. i wil come to your thread and say..."IT IS YOUR INTERNET - Buy a new router - servers ARE good I CAN CONNECT thats enough - so i push the fault on you"...

also you posted it yourself later

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grouchy.Otaku
Dev's have responded to this issue in another thread...

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...81#post4059381
and you still say things about cheap routers?! are you stoned?

above it was proven that it was not users fault...
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-01-2012, 10:05 AM
I'm unbelievably still having this problem. RE installing th game now. im gonna quit if this isnt fixed. so much for customer support.
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-01-2012, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Well, I'm at college, and the router here usually works fine. Ive been playing this game for a cuple weeks with no issues. also, i can log in now, but every time i see a loading screen, i get dcd. its really annoying
I bold'ed the important information above, in case anyone missed it. The fact that you're behind a firewall at a college, well, that changes the whole game and frankly, I'm pretty much to the point that I refuse to help folks behind a firewall at a school. That being said, I'd like for you to connect to a network that's not at your school and no, I don't care if you're in the housing, that's just as bad. Anywho, try to connect to another network, off campus or at least not related to the school's network, then test.

Quote:
Originally Posted by r9xchaos
yeah sure... its users fault...

and microwaves are elephants...
People are trying to help you, although your attitude certainly doesn't show as if you so much as even deserve the help. We don't have to be here, we have absolutely no obligation to you, or anyone else for that matter. So instead of acting like a total @ss about this, why don't you calm down and realize that you're getting help, for free.

Quote:
Im playing Online games since more than 12 years now... and im tired of forum trolls who dont want to accept facts...
Huh, sounds like a case of the pot calling the kettle black here...

Quote:
I hope to see you next time having problems with the connection and then i promise. i wil come to your thread and say..."IT IS YOUR INTERNET - Buy a new router - servers ARE good I CAN CONNECT thats enough - so i push the fault on you"...
Now you're just being a jer.k for the sake of being a jer.k.
Lt. Commander
# 29
03-01-2012, 10:26 AM
Now the patcher wont even open. do they want to lose a customer?
Lt. Commander
# 30
03-01-2012, 10:36 AM
Quote:
Now the patcher wont even open. do they want to lose a customer?
I suspect it's the network for you, not so much STO. Have you attempted a tracert to STO server's yet?