Lt. Commander
# 41
03-01-2012, 02:37 PM
Alright awesome thanks man. I notticed that at the few times it does work, the 'patching game files" thing appears in the upper left corner if that helps. not always though
Lt. Commander
# 42
03-01-2012, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceman4
Alright awesome thanks man. I notticed that at the few times it does work, the 'patching game files" thing appears in the upper left corner if that helps. not always though
LOL, you're welcome, but... umm... I'm not a man O.O ROFL
Lt. Commander
# 43
03-01-2012, 02:51 PM
psh, there are no women on the internet. loljk
Lt. Commander
# 44
03-01-2012, 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceman4
psh, there are no women on the internet. loljk
Riiiiiight, riiiiiight LOL. Yeah, the only one's are nude, right? ROFL j/k okay okay... back to researching this hehe
Lt. Commander
# 45
03-01-2012, 07:05 PM
looking around the forums, looks like youre the only one that actually helps ppl. you rock. now if onl;y customer support would respond to the ticket i submitted....
Lt. Commander
# 46
03-02-2012, 09:25 AM
Sigh this is so frustrating. Just double checked, its nto a fire wall, its not my antivirus, my connection is great..still no help from customer support...
Lt. Commander
# 47
03-02-2012, 10:34 AM
Hey, I do what I can

Okay, so... I don't remember if I asked this or not... Have you launched the STO launcher and before you hit engage, click Options in the top right, and on the dialog box that appears, check proxy server, select US and click OK.

Now, hit engage and see what happens...

*crosses fingers* >.<
Lt. Commander
# 48 Test Physical Connections
03-02-2012, 05:40 PM
Not sure if this will help, but I'm trying to diagnose this with a friend of mine and we found the problem was with his router.

We connected directly into his cable modem and his response time was excellent.

As soon as he connected his router he had major timeout issues. Also, we isolated his PC to be the only one connected to the router to make sure other devices (wireless, VOIP, etc) wasn't affecting the net traffic.

Haven't tackled his router issue yet. Hopefully a firmware update will help, or even switching to a 3rd party firmware like dd-wrt would help. He does have a D-Link gaming router (quite a few years old) so we will probably also try a Gamefuel config to prioritize the STO traffic.

If someone has suggested this already, forgive me. I didn't read every page of this thread.
Lt. Commander
# 49
03-02-2012, 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opaserv View Post
Hey, I do what I can

Okay, so... I don't remember if I asked this or not... Have you launched the STO launcher and before you hit engage, click Options in the top right, and on the dialog box that appears, check proxy server, select US and click OK.

Now, hit engage and see what happens...

*crosses fingers* >.<
Was having issues for last three or four days logging in then getting DC'd from server. Using US proxy and seems to be working for the moment. Thanks for the help.
Lt. Commander
# 50
03-03-2012, 07:57 AM
Well this seems to be RANDOMLY...

i was testing is yestarday on different system ( different houses / locations )

and it has LIKE I SAID nothing to do with me...

i tested it yesterday

On my House , My friends hous ( 3 blocks far ) and a cybercafe.

also people from other countries reportet that problems...

thats the bets proof that its NIOT my Router OR my OS.. nether my NETWORK CARD...

If it is also not CRYPTIC.... i wonder why peopel with EXACT the same setup as mine PLUS teh same Provider and ROUTER having teh same Problem..

that issue is like a worm.. going from one to the other randomly.. when i started playing this at F2P ... i could play 18 hours a day.. ( without maintenance ) without any problem...

now.. the more patches came out.. and also more crashes / connection errors popped up on users side...

i also noticed that it does not matter if u reset your router or IP or login with another comp...

you can also do nothign .. just go and have a long ****...and it maybe works again..

wtf is that?

And YES

Usually its teh users system wich causes errrors.. BUT of corse not here...ive tested that long enough and heard enough report from peole who play thisgame longer than me.. they didnt change their systems.. some dotn even use firewalls and antiviruses when they play games..

maybe its is kirks soul who want to keep us away from this game.. ..lol