Lt. Commander
# 1 I miss shuttles....
02-29-2012, 11:33 AM
I miss helping my low level friends out, and jumping in my shuttle craft for some fun because I was high enough rank over their missions to do so.

Now, with all missions scaling, this is impossible. There are currently two missions in the entire game that you can realistically use a shuttle.

In fact, the change to allow all missions to scale to level has pretty much ensured that I can never help my friends out again. Since everything matches my level, and a Lt matched to a VA is still a **** poor VA, we end up getting our arses handed to us.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-29-2012, 11:36 AM
Have you tried matching your level to your friends'? You'll still be pretty overpowered in your ship, but what I tend to do with my low-level friends is fly circles until they get into trouble. I'll shoot down Heavy Plasma Torpedoes, or pick off an enemy here or there, without going whole-hog and annihilating everything I see.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-29-2012, 11:36 AM
One of my current new Alts is doing his entire Lieutenant Rank in a Delta Flyer. 5 levels in and no major problems so far.

My Fleet has a regular Shuttle event night. We go into groups of 5 and do Shuttle Exploration Missions, and sometimes Shuttle PvP. Lots of fun is had by all.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-29-2012, 11:40 AM
What I've found with matching my buddy's level is that the enemy still matches mine.

Even then, still couldn't use a shuttle very effectively. The main point of it was that I would be gimping myself nearly down to their level by flying a shuttle, but still having tons of fun flying circles around everything. Incentive for me to replay content I've already played through twenty times.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-29-2012, 12:03 PM
You have to match the level of your partner before the enemy spawns. I have done VA rank missions in my Tal'kyr... Mind you it is a mighty "Small Ship" but I managed it.