Lt. Commander
# 1 Zen to C Points ripoff
02-29-2012, 01:47 PM
Dear Star Trek online

I went to Star Trek online to get C points . Then you send me to buy the zen so I do so

get 30 dollars which equals 3000 C points then have to transfer them back to Star Trek online

and when I do so. Then one dollar per 5 is stolen for transfer.

Second Life does not do this Battlestar Galactica online does not do this all the money I put into the game

goes directly to me for spending no one rips a dollar per 5 off for transfer.

You tricked me once it won't happen again until you rectify the way you do business online

I won't be putting any more money into the game.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-29-2012, 01:50 PM
$30.00 is not 3,000 CPs, nor has it ever been. $25.00 buys you 2,000 CPs. You get more Zen Points for the dollar amount when you buy them but the conversion makes it come out exactly equal to the Cryptic Point value of $6.25 for 500 CPs.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-01-2012, 12:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by latfreya
Dear Star Trek online

I went to Star Trek online to get C points . Then you send me to buy the zen so I do so

get 30 dollars which equals 3000 C points then have to transfer them back to Star Trek online

Second Life does not do this Battlestar Galactica online does not do this all the money I put into the game

You tricked me once it won't happen again until you rectify the way you do business online

$30 gets you 3000 zen which converts to 2400 C-points. 80 C-points per dollar.

$25 gets you 2000 C-points. 80 C-points per dollar.

You got *exactly* the value of C-points that you paid for. It's really basic math.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-01-2012, 12:58 AM
http://www.startrekonline.com/crypticpointscards

It's how I bought my cryptic points even though I am on a PWE account. It even prices then in sterling for me as I am in the UK. Using the above virtual cards to get 3000 c-points you would need to spend $37.50.

As the others have said you get the same amount for the same price after the conversion.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-12-2012, 08:28 PM
I hate the system on the Perfect World website.. The cryptic system of buying points was so much easier. I'm actually not buying C store points because its so cumbersome..
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-12-2012, 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanson1982 View Post
I hate the system on the Perfect World website.. The cryptic system of buying points was so much easier. I'm actually not buying C store points because its so cumbersome..
Just buy a 'virtual C-store' card. You can use the code yourself.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-13-2012, 04:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by latfreya
Dear Star Trek online

Okay the ratio of Zen to C-points is 125 zen to 100 c points, which equates to the same ratio for Cryptic accounts of $1.25 to 100 c points.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-13-2012, 05:48 AM
sounds like someone didn't read about conversion rates to me. Check into something before you do it. that way you have answers to these kinds of issues before they happen. sometimes a reading details will resolve minor issues before they happen.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-13-2012, 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodius
sounds like someone didn't read about conversion rates to me. Check into something before you do it. that way you have answers to these kinds of issues before they happen. sometimes a reading details will resolve minor issues before they happen.
No, unfortunately it won't. The OP made a post in another thread *proving* that they were getting *exactly* what they were paying for by using the exchange rate and *still* didn't get it.

So even though there's a FAQ, it's still not obvious to people.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-15-2012, 10:40 AM
Bah, this is annoying. I have Money that I have to convert into Zen, which I convert into C-Points, which I use to buy things from the C-Store with.

Whatever happened to just using normal money?

"I want to buy a car." I ask.
"Well if you pass Joe your money, he will give you some tokens which you can put into that machine over there and that will give you some vouchers, these vouchers are as good as real money. We have to inform you that you may experience an unspecified processing time between transactions. Give those vouchers to me, and we will deliver your car after another unspecified transaction processing time."

NOT impressed with this ZEN system. It used to be instant before now I have to wait some random time for my purchase to be approved. It's crazy. It would be quicker for me to walk to the far east than send an electronic payment there.