Lt. Commander
# 51
03-26-2012, 05:17 AM
I have reason to suspect the contact invulnerability fix has not actually worked. In the Foundry preview I placed an NPC contact that appears after an enemy group is destroyed. Thrice in a row I destroyed that group with the kill function, causing the NPC Contact spawn, and it was immediately destroyed by the explosion (it spawns on the exact same point as the NPC groups, so it always gets caught in the explosion when you use the kill option on the group).

So, either the fix is not actually effective, or it only works on ground contacts, or it doesn't work until after publish. I'll try to verify whether it's simply that it doesn't work until publish tomorrow, but it definitely does not work in the preview.

I'd post this in the bugs forum, but it seems like that is pretty much an exercise in futility. Since you were the one who helped get this fix through, I thought you might be interested in knowing about this issue.
Lt. Commander
# 52
03-26-2012, 11:07 PM
Where's Part 2?!

Yes I know I had to wait, such as waiting for The Part 2 of the TNG Borg classic. (Episode name escapes me at this late hour, I need a dill in my skull and vacuum. As such, given this, I ask again. (To encapsulate even.)

Where's Part 2?!
Lt. Commander
# 53
03-27-2012, 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
I have reason to suspect the contact invulnerability fix has not actually worked. In the Foundry preview I placed an NPC contact that appears after an enemy group is destroyed. Thrice in a row I destroyed that group with the kill function, causing the NPC Contact spawn, and it was immediately destroyed by the explosion (it spawns on the exact same point as the NPC groups, so it always gets caught in the explosion when you use the kill option on the group).

So, either the fix is not actually effective, or it only works on ground contacts, or it doesn't work until after publish. I'll try to verify whether it's simply that it doesn't work until publish tomorrow, but it definitely does not work in the preview.

I'd post this in the bugs forum, but it seems like that is pretty much an exercise in futility. Since you were the one who helped get this fix through, I thought you might be interested in knowing about this issue.

It could very well not work in preview mode some actions are server side so only function after you publish - like wander. Let me know if there are still issues after you publish but I did move my npc encounter back to where I originally had them in my mission and no one has run into their death issue at this point.
Lt. Commander
# 54
03-27-2012, 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleaic_Kerensky
Where's Part 2?!

Yes I know I had to wait, such as waiting for The Part 2 of the TNG Borg classic. (Episode name escapes me at this late hour, I need a dill in my skull and vacuum. As such, given this, I ask again. (To encapsulate even.)

Where's Part 2?!
I am glad you like my Foundry mission and the experience of an epic trek moment where it's you that saves the alpha quadrant was exactly what I was shooting for. I am planning on working on part two when season 6 hits so that I can use and test out the new Foundry features. I also need to generate the model of the alien ship (and I am hoping I can talk Dan into okaying me to check in the asset to the game). If I am lucky I can convince some Cryptic devs to join up and make part 2 a joint project now that part one is doing so well and getting such great feedback.

Sorry to make you wait

Also I should probably change my avatar image to say Perfect World now ---- one day
Lt. Commander
# 55
03-28-2012, 05:55 AM
Speaking of the Foundry, why not change the UI? The bulky grey coloring it has right now kinda freaks me out in certain moments D: