Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 41
03-11-2012, 02:01 PM
Then why do I still have most of my ECs?
Lt. Commander
# 42
03-11-2012, 02:20 PM
They got interrupted while they were stripping your account?

Maybe it was some weird server error, but my special items (cloaking device, Subspace modulator etc...) the ones you can't sell at a vendor, were off of my ship and in my inventory. That points to someone in my account doing mischief...

Could it be a disgruntled Cryptic employee?
Lt. Commander
# 43 missing items
03-11-2012, 02:32 PM
I also logged on after march 2nd and all my bound items on three of my characters was gone. I submitted three tickets so far and had no responses yet. Can can cyriptic replace them?
Lt. Commander
# 44
03-11-2012, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by draco1616
I also logged on after march 2nd and all my bound items on three of my characters was gone. I submitted three tickets so far and had no responses yet. Can can cyriptic replace them?
Judging by the incredible amount of feedback from both Cryptic and PW... it is really hard to tell. Let's hope they roll back the changes, like they did to some of the players who reported being hacked here: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=258751.

But... as people have already pointed out - this looks more like a database issue.
Lt. Commander
# 45
03-11-2012, 11:11 PM
My Jem'Hedar impulse engine and deflector are gone. I know I had them equipped on my shuttle, but it's not there anymore. I checked all my other ships, my inventory, my bank and they are nowhere to be found. I ran those missions so many times to get all the pieces on all 5 of my characters, I'm sick of running it. I want my items back.
Lt. Commander
# 46
03-11-2012, 11:44 PM
My issue seemed to happen every time there was unexpected downtime, which if you read what Bran posted this time around, the evidence seems to point to database error.
Lt. Commander
# 47
03-18-2012, 09:31 PM
Still no acknowledgement, Cryptic? Nice.
Lt. Commander
# 48
03-18-2012, 10:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrockduck View Post
Still no acknowledgement, Cryptic? Nice.
Really? I got fully restored on 3/15.

I followed up my ticket with an email to customerservice@perfectworld.com, referencing my ticket #. Put in ticket Wednesday before, I emailed on the Friday or Monday, and had a response by next Wednesday. Though I don't think I was hacked, I ended up telling them I was hacked to expedite the restore. I only said so since the symptoms of the "hack" are the same and seems to get more attention that way.

Send the email and reference your ticket #.
Lt. Commander
# 49
03-18-2012, 10:52 PM
I have the same issue, and its not a(n) EC farmer(s) that did it, all 4 of my characters are missing everything off my ships, my inventory's, banks (with the exception of my crafting supplies), all the EC on all the characters, and most of the dilithium. Yet nothing on my characters themselves, or my Boff's is missing, nor is my mail box emptied nor did I have anything listed on the exchange. And it happened within 2 hours of me not being on, so it cant be a hit and run by a EC farmer.

Now on the flip side I submitted a ticket almost 3 days ago and have not received a response at all.

So I would like to really know is going on.
Lt. Commander
# 50
03-19-2012, 09:59 AM
I also had my char restored by submitting "HACKED" GM ticket. Got reply within 4 days, and one more full day passed since my account was restored.

This is not an "account hacker" issue, I know it, but rolling the character back this way still remedies the problem. Or at least the symptoms. If after another patch my items will go missing again - i will repeat the whole "HACKED" GM ticket thing.

EDIT: Note that they will completely roll the character back. They ask you what date do you think the character was compromised on, and then roll back to that date. Account-wide things (like C-points) were not rolled back.