Lt. Commander
# 11
03-01-2012, 12:28 PM
I tried 1024x768. Then went and played a video podcast, it worked for about 20 minutes, then went black with what i would call garbled or laggy sound. I think it has to be the video card. Now the question I have to ask myself is do I get a new card for my old pc, or get a new pc.

Thanks for the help/info. If anyone else has some other input I'd love to hear it.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-01-2012, 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopa27 View Post
I tried 1024x768. Then went and played a video podcast, it worked for about 20 minutes, then went black with what i would call garbled or laggy sound. I think it has to be the video card. Now the question I have to ask myself is do I get a new card for my old pc, or get a new pc.

Thanks for the help/info. If anyone else has some other input I'd love to hear it.
If the card itself isn't going bad, the only other thing I can think of is that your DirectX is damaged. Sadly there's no real way to fix it other than reformat. If you're inclined to do something like that, you can try it, otherwise you might want to consider your options regarding this which are:

1. Time for a new PC

or

2. Time for a new vid card

You can however, try to disconnect your vid card and use the integrated one. I'm running STO with great graphics (granted not the best, but good none-the-less), with an integrated card. It's just a thought.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-02-2012, 06:37 AM
first if your dirextx is damaged you dont need to reformat ... wonder why thats most popular solution around ... you just have to download directx and reinstall it, it check integrity of instaled files and replace them if need.

second .. did you checked if your VC is overheating ? worksing for sometime and that starting to couse problems make me thing its may be overheating issue.