Lt. Commander
I know there are other threads about the game client patching after you exit. But I am having a weird issue.

This started yesterday when I finished playing. I exited and the game client start downloading a Patch. I just said "ok?" and left my computer running to install it. The next day, I come online to play. (My computer had not restarted during the night as everything was where I left it, (plus I turned off the automatic restart BS on windows)

I log in, and get to character selection, select my character, and game loaded to DS9. I then proceeded to beam out out the station to my ship, load screen came up, finished loading and then I saw my ship. Just as I went to Warp out of the system, the game crashed.

Re-logged in, selected my character, loaded, showed my ship, and then crashed yet again. I tried this on all 3 off my toons, same thing.

So I did some reading and I read out starting your patch from fresh, to delete the Live Folder, and launch he game client. I did this, and game ran perfectly fine, except for the fact I had to re-adjust all of my settings, but whatever, that is a mute issue.

After I finished playing today, I exited as normal, and same thing, the game client started doing the patch again. So I let it do its thing, thinking maybe, MAYBE, something messed up on my end during the patch install. Couple hours later, I came back, logged in, went to character selection, and I got to about 40% on the loading screen and crashed, tried over and over 5 times...

Does anyone have some incite into this? I'm convinced now that it is 90% the patch that installs/downloads when I exit.

Sorry for the length, but I want to try and give step by step of what I have done for clarification purposes.

Thanks in Advanced!!
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-29-2012, 07:14 PM
try verifying your game.

on launcher select oprions, tthere is check box force verify.

when you login, launcher will check game integrity and download damaged files if there is any. hope that can help.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-29-2012, 07:30 PM
I think the issue may have leen my Nvidia driver that was out of date by 2 days....lol.

I updated the video driver and logged in fine. I exited and its doing the patch upon exit thing right now.

I will relaunch the game once its done to see if the issue is fixed.

If it was all because of a driver...my face is going to be red in embarrassment lol
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-29-2012, 07:32 PM
Yup, exit patch installed...relaunched game...loads perfectly fine now hehe
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-01-2012, 11:57 AM
Also and just an FYI, this patch is a pre-patch for this weekend's upcoming heavy duty patch. From what I understand, it's supposed to be over 500mgs in size and so to keep the servers from crashing, the Dev's released this patch early (with the hopes that the rest will be downloaded and applied this weekend). You are not required to leave it running in order to play right now, it's just there to aid in keeping the servers from having a super heavy load this weekend when it's fully finally released.