Lt. Commander
So I purchased the Sao Paulo, loved the quad cannons and had to have it, but quickly discovered that the cloaking device from the Defiant Retrofit won't work on it. Is this a bug? Or working as intended? Do they plan to change it so the Sao Paulo Defiant can use it? I'm a little bummed, almost feel jipped.

So far the work around that I have used is going to the tailor and making the Retrofit look like the Sao Paulo and putting the quad cannons on it. I get the extra aft weapon and extra tactical console, so maybe this is better.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-01-2012, 01:00 AM
None of the Vice Admiral Consoles can be used on any other ships. I think the only exception is MVAM which will work on the lower tier Prometheus.

I'm not sure if the cloaking device will work on the captain level Defiant either. But yeah, would be cool if it worked on any Defiant variant.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-01-2012, 01:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Costigan
So I purchased the Sao Paulo, loved the quad cannons and had to have it, but quickly discovered that the cloaking device from the Defiant Retrofit won't work on it. Is this a bug? Or working as intended? Do they plan to change it so the Sao Paulo Defiant can use it? I'm a little bummed, almost feel jipped.
The cloak is intended to be used only on the Defiant Retro and the Dreadnought Galaxy.
But I've got to ask: when you can claim the Defiant-R on your char, can you not use her?
If so you can use the S P skin on the Defiant and be done with the matter,
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-01-2012, 01:02 AM
Curious, if you got the Defiant Refit and the Sao Paulo, why not change the costume to the Sao Paulo? And requip the Sao Paulo's Quads to the Refit?
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-01-2012, 01:04 AM
im pretty sure that if you bought the Sao Paulo, you can use the costume on the defiant refit.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-01-2012, 01:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mister_dee
The cloak is intended to be used only on the Defiant Retro and the Dreadnought Galaxy.
But I've got to ask: when you can claim the Defiant-R on your char, can you not use her?
If so you can use the S P skin on the Defiant and be done with the matter,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
Curious, if you got the Defiant Refit and the Sao Paulo, why not change the costume to the Sao Paulo? And requip the Sao Paulo's Quads to the Refit?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentExeider View Post
im pretty sure that if you bought the Sao Paulo, you can use the costume on the defiant refit.
Yes, this is the work-around that I've used, reskinned the Retrofit and put the quad cannons on her. I just think that its weird that you can do it that way, but not vice versa.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-01-2012, 01:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Costigan
Yes, this is the work-around that I've used, reskinned the Retrofit and put the quad cannons on her. I just think that its weird that you can do it that way, but not vice versa.
It's actually as intended because the console is level restricted while the quads are not.