03-01-2012, 07:21 AM
would be nice if subbers or lifetime could use older registry numbers
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-01-2012, 07:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whipplor View Post
would be nice if subbers or lifetime could use older registry numbers
It would be cool if we could also use some of the banned names.

Especally a name and registration on an Odessey that we are more qualified to use then some NCP
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-01-2012, 07:40 AM
For my Odyssey
USS Allstrand
NCC-100814

named after my character's last name and the birthday of a very special friend
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-01-2012, 07:48 AM
For my numbering theme I use a variation of the date I received or started using the ship. The format is: NCC(NX) - YYDDDD, where YY is the 2-digit year, and DDDD is the 4 digit decimal of the Julian date divided by the number of days in that particular year. There is a range of 26 numbers previousto that I can use for the last 2 digits if I think the numbers "look" odd or coincide with another ship (say I got two ships in one day, or two of my toons got new ships on the same day).

So for example, if I were to get a ship today, March 1, the 62nd day of 2012 (which has 366 days in it), that registry would be: NCC - 121694, although if I thought that didn't look right I would use anywhere from 121668 - 121694. Likewise on Jan 1, 2012 I could use 120000-120027; and on Dec. 31, 2012 I could use 129976 - 129999.

For my main ship (the one I use in my sig below), NX - 102170 would indicate that I started using that ship around the 79th day of 2010... March 20.

For my small craft (on my main at least, who is not switching ships any time soon), since this game stubbornly treats them just like individual ships, I manually name all of them after the ship they are "attached" to, with the registry suffix "-S" for "shuttle" or "small craft", so all the shuttles from my main's ship have the registry "NX-102170-S" (since shuttlecraft numbers aren't allowed in the registry suffix). I then attach their shuttlecraft "number" to their name. So for example, my Captain's Yacht name is "USS Dire Phoenix - 01" while my Delta Flyer's name is "USS Dire Phoenix - 04"

EDIT: Also yes, there is some irony that you can't have ships with the same name on the same character, but you CAN have ships with the exact same registry number.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-01-2012, 08:31 AM
this is interesting its nice to see that the registry number is just as important as the name to a lot of people
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-01-2012, 08:46 AM
For my starships I typically keep the numbers the same unless I am reusing a name then I reuse the registry number of the previous ship.

Only complaint I have is, it would be very nice to be able to use the same name mulitple times without it telling us that name is already been used. Can do the work around but its weird to read status reports and communications where your ships name is spelled in all caps or capital then lower case and capital again.

But mine are as follows

U.S.S. Texas - N.C.C. 92699 - NX Class
U.S.S. Kennedy - N.C.C. 93432 - Constitution Refit
U.S.S. Robert E. Lee - N.C.C. 93056 - Akira Class
U.S.S. Thomas J. Jackson - N.C.C. 92944
U.S.S. Texas - N.C.C. 92699-C - Soverign Class
U.S.S. Bismarck - N.C.C. 93471 - Odyssey Class
U.S.S. Rio Grande - N.C.C. 93334 - Danube Runabout

I dont have a U.S.S. Texas B yet, waiting to see if I want to go with the Ambassador if it ever comes out or the Excelisor class. I have the initial starship, that we got named U.S.S. Texas, but I've been thinking of a rename. I dont think she fits in with the name so I havent renamed her just yet, sitting in mothballs anyways.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-01-2012, 08:51 AM
I've got a spacedock full of ships, but the ones that I mainly fly are my Sao Paulo (USS Trafalgar) and my Odyssey (USS Red October). I use the NX prefix on any "refit" or variant and the NCC on a stock ship. I can't recall the registration numbers, but I know I changed the Red October's to 97xxx since the Odyssey was 97000.

As for the names? Trafalgar because I'd just gotten back from a trip to the UK when I picked up my Sao Paulo and Red October since I'd seen "Hunt for Red October" prior to getting the Odyssey. The only off the wall name I have is for my Delta Flyer which is the USS Winds of Uranus.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-01-2012, 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BClark_09
I've got a spacedock full of ships, but the ones that I mainly fly are my Sao Paulo (USS Trafalgar) and my Odyssey (USS Red October). I use the NX prefix on any "refit" or variant and the NCC on a stock ship. I can't recall the registration numbers, but I know I changed the Red October's to 97xxx since the Odyssey was 97000.

As for the names? Trafalgar because I'd just gotten back from a trip to the UK when I picked up my Sao Paulo and Red October since I'd seen "Hunt for Red October" prior to getting the Odyssey. The only off the wall name I have is for my Delta Flyer which is the USS Winds of Uranus.
If you have mask energy signature then Red October is a good fitting name. I try to fit names to the ship based off the class name or how the ship is built. I choosed Bismarck for the Odyssey mainly cause its a fast starcruiser, faster than others I have and its loaded out more like a battleship than a cruiser with heavy hitting weapons.
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-01-2012, 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by milner62
If you have mask energy signature then Red October is a good fitting name. I try to fit names to the ship based off the class name or how the ship is built. I choosed Bismarck for the Odyssey mainly cause its a fast starcruiser, faster than others I have and its loaded out more like a battleship than a cruiser with heavy hitting weapons.
i do something similar , my ships are named after british cruisers from world war 2 ( hence my main is sheffield , also biggest city near where i live )
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-01-2012, 08:59 AM
I use a few different registry numbers but most of them have a meaning to them.

My main command the USS Hood is NCC - 422960 ( which is almost the Hoods Registry number ) The reason for that is my main character's Role Play where he got command of the Hood after Admiral Robert DeSoto took a desk job and in a way retired.

My second main character is in command of the USS Kindred, and it's NX-596500 That stood for something when I made it months ago but I honestly can't remember right now..

Finally I also use a special the Registry for training ships too. For example my newest character I am leveling is in command of the Training ship USS Currie.. which it's NCC-100016-T The T is of course for trainer, and the registry number is a throw back to the NX-16 ( Or USS Currie from star trek legacy )

anyway that is just a little picture of how I use it. My other ships have reg numbers that mean things too, but I honestly can't remember them without looking at them.
Closed Thread