Lt. Commander
# 191
03-03-2012, 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMC_PC3456 View Post
Why can't we fly our ship and engage the enemy in bridge view using the consoles.
This question has been asked many many times! Please take the time to look for it. The gist of it is that STO is set up as an instance so when you are in space, you are the ship and when you are in ground-mode your ship does not exist and your ship is you. It will unfortunately never happen.
Lt. Commander
# 192 Hi! Long time away.....
03-03-2012, 09:34 PM
.... from here and if my question and response have been covered earlier in this or another thread, please point me to it and I'll read it there!

I have a question about what (if anything) has changed for people (like myself) who bought the LIFETIME subscription option to the game at or before the game's initial launch..... new content, game now F2P, etcetera..... I actually haven't played very much in the last 2 years and still have my two beginner players I made many months ago to test the game out!
Lt. Commander
# 193
03-05-2012, 10:48 AM
Q: (WazzaG) When will we see a Romulan Faction? I always read answers along the lines of “when the KDF has more content.” When will they have enough content so you can then launch a Romulan faction?

Dstahl: This is the number one long-term question on my mind and something I’m working directly with Jack (Cryptic’s CEO) and Perfect World to address. While I can’t give you a date, one of my goals in returning to Star Trek Online is to address this very issue.

Jolan"tru,

I'm glad to see the topic of a playable Romulan Faction was finally addressed again. Better still, was to hear Executive Producer Dan Stahl say that's one of his main goals for returning back to STO. However, with no actual season set for their release,..we who desire a Romulan faction, are still in the same place of a goal to look forward to...nowhere.
Lt. Commander
# 194
03-08-2012, 05:17 PM
Dan I am thrilled to have you back and now to have STO back on track! When can we get some of these ingenious Rocket Scientist quality ideas in game.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=255654

Thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 195
03-26-2012, 04:16 PM
Coming up on the end of the Month... Any word as to a future "Ask Cryptic - April Edition" ?
Lt. Commander
# 196
03-26-2012, 04:45 PM
They didn't take questions for the march edition till the 27th...so give it another day or two I'm sure they will take questions soon.
Lt. Commander
# 197
03-26-2012, 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashur1
In regard to the question (and answer) about playable Cardassians....

Well, right now it is possible to play a Klingon in the Federation (though it is not possible to play a human in the KDF). I wonder why the thought of Cardassians and Romulans in both existing factions is such a "taboo".

While I would find KDF Romulans a little odd, given the "warm" feelings the Klingons and Romulans share, I could see some aggressive Remans join the KDF to blow up their former oppressors.

Cardassians would work for both factions, either the reformed Cardassian for the Federation or the warlike remnant of older days for the KDF.

Right now it seems rather unlikely that the KDF gets a signicant content boost, which puts these two species and their factions.... well, we have them when we travel with actual space ships I suppose. :p
To the first part; the idea of Cardassians supporting EITHER is unacceptable. We've fought two wars (three if you count Dominion) with each of these races. We don't like outsiders getting into our business, so of course we don't like Starfleet. Don't care for Klingons because they're not Cardassians.
Not to mention the Federation's love for Bajorans.

Second comment; BLASPHEMY!!! TRUE CARDASSIANS wouldn't stoop to support either. It would be another Civil War on a Galactic scale.
Lt. Commander
# 198
03-26-2012, 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashur1
Nothing sounds like Cardassians or Romulans from grab-bags, he said they are reserved for their factions (though those will probably never see the light of day.)
Blasphemare!!!!! To doubt the STO Gods to maintain the curse upon the Cardassian and Romulan people. We demand retribution!!!