Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
03-01-2012, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thumappp
at least it sounds like something might be comming...

Just hope its not pvp gear...
Yes there will be 2 or 3 new PvP sets... too activate the set bonuses you need to insert the Cstore Master Key. One of the sets is going to have an eject Dillithium gas skill, it will slowly tick your Cstore point balance while active... but the purple cloud it leaves will slow disable placate and subnuke. LOL
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
03-01-2012, 02:38 PM
We've heard this song and dance before. Either Cryptic is terrible at keeping schedules or Dstahl is a chronic liar. The C-store schedule seems to be pretty rock solid though
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
03-01-2012, 04:44 PM
You know, I actually get this. The problems with PvP at Cryptic appear to be with the engine, not the specific games... and of course with Cryptic's undying love for spam. The same complaints I read on these forums, I read on the CO PvP forums, it's unnerving how similar the problems are.

So a strike team may have been working on an update to the engine, which they have always said is the most expensive and time-consuming type of change to make. He did say they would be implementing the new technology, then where they go from there is still kinda undecided, apparently. Not that they have patches for STO ready to go. This just screams engine update at me.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
03-01-2012, 05:02 PM
I am not at all surprised by that response. Honestly when I was reading the Q&A responses, I felt like I was on the phone with a Customer Services Rep and not some one actually wanting to give exact information.. since giving that exact information and falling through could cause even more hatred between the players and the developers that have been alienated since 2010.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
03-01-2012, 06:09 PM
Maybe we can look forward to new PvP content in 2013?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
03-01-2012, 11:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmr1580 View Post
You know, I actually get this. The problems with PvP at Cryptic appear to be with the engine, not the specific games... and of course with Cryptic's undying love for spam. The same complaints I read on these forums, I read on the CO PvP forums, it's unnerving how similar the problems are.

So a strike team may have been working on an update to the engine, which they have always said is the most expensive and time-consuming type of change to make. He did say they would be implementing the new technology, then where they go from there is still kinda undecided, apparently. Not that they have patches for STO ready to go. This just screams engine update at me.
Yes, CO really seems to have a lot of similar issues.

So who knows, maybe he's just spinning, maybe we'll see some improvement. I guess we won't believe it until we see it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
03-01-2012, 11:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
Yes, CO really seems to have a lot of similar issues.

So who knows, maybe he's just spinning, maybe we'll see some improvement. I guess we won't believe it until we see it.
Now that one you can be sure about... by the way are you around more often now or am I hallucinating?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
03-02-2012, 04:47 AM
Quote:
Now that one you can be sure about... by the way are you around more often now or am I hallucinating?
May just be a random fluctuation. I am certainly not playing more.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
03-02-2012, 06:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
May just be a random fluctuation. I am certainly not playing more.
I've only logged in for 1 arena in the last 2 weeks myself. I just can't work up any interest to play anymore.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
03-02-2012, 06:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716 View Post
Q: (mavgeek) Are we ever going to see more PvP additions to the game?

Dstahl: Yes. One of the software strike teams at Cryptic worked on PvP extensively for the last year and in Season 6 we will be moving our technology over to that platform and updating our PvP systems. The expectation is that we want to improve PvP and resolve some of the frustrating elements in the existing maps. Whether that means overhauling existing maps or making new ones is still TBD, but we have resources committed to this effort.


so apparently we missed all the work they did last year. and no new maps dispite it being promised over and over.... -sighs-
Wait....... he didn't just say they have been hard at work with pvp over the last year did he?
Did he do it with a straight face?
18 days...
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:35 AM.