Lt. Commander
The core art mostly exists. I realize Daniel Stahl wants to save the full Cardassian experience for a faction but many have created "custom" Cardassians anyway using custom aliens. My thought is... release a limited version of Cardassians now as a FE tie-in.

The Cardassians are antsy in this FE series, being denied a military. I'd suggest this might lead many to enlist in Starfleet... but a payoff of all the Klingon spying might lead some disgruntled Cardassians to seek commissions in the KDF, which could be a payoff to the espionage Klingons are doing in this featured episode series.

This could also spike up chance box numbers if handled properly.

So I'm going to suggest a limited, promotional version to spike up Cryptic's goals and provide a nice payoff to the FE story.

To keep people hungry for the full version, I'd suggest these come with four pre-set traits.

Suggested traits, built around reflecting Cardassians who haven't fought since the Dominion War:

* - Cold Blood, Keen Mind
Ground Trait
Provides some resistance to fire damage and mild resistance to plasma fire damage over time effects as well as psionic, confuse, and placate. Innate cobalt allergy increases susceptibility to tricobalt weapons.
Innate
+5 Plasma Damage resistance
+12.5 Fire Damage resistance
+7.5 Psionic Damage resistance
+10 Confuse resistance
+10 Placate resistance
-5 Tricobalt Damage resistance

(No ground tricobalt weapons currently exist. This is just a case of thinking ahead.)

* - Brutally Efficient:
Space Trait
Provides a bonus to efficiency stats, improving the effectiveness of many of your power management abilities, emphasizing weapon energy.
Innate
+5 Starship Shield Efficiency
+5 Starship Engine Efficiency
+15 Starship Energy Weapon Efficiency
+5 Starship Auxiliary Systems Efficiency
Additional +2.5 to All System Efficiency when flying Jem'Hadar Fighter or Cardassian Galor.

* - Occupational Expertise
Increases the damage and critical hit damage of your ranged weapons. Also provides mild stun resistance and bonus to use Bajoran and Dominion Ground Weapons.
Ground Trait
Enhances specific powers
+5% All Energy Damage
+5% Critical Severity
+10 Stun resistance
Additional +2.5% Energy Damage when wielding Jem'Hadar Weapons or Bajoran Weapons
Receives double the healing benefit when consuming Bajoran Distilled Kanar
- 5% to Diplomatic and Marauding CXP gains.

* - Obsidian Order Veteran
Ground Trait. Provides a bonus to critical hit chance, perception, and stealth for all team members, and a personal bonus to dodge chance.
Passive; Affects Friend and Self
0 meter Team
+3% Critical Chance
+5 Stealth
+ 5 Perception
+5% Expose Chance
Passive: Affects Self
+ 5% Dodge Chance
+ 5% to Espionage CXP gains
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-01-2012, 01:57 PM
Incidentally, while these are long and gimmicky (much like the android BOff), most of them come from cobbling together two traits at half power... with the OO Vet being based on the Veteran BO trait but with the stats tweaked.

The boosts for flying the promo ships support sales of chance boxes. The weapons bonuses support buying the DS9 pack or playing the FE series. The stats all around are pretty much optimized for the kind of gameplay that you'd have when fighting Dominion or Cardassians.

My having "Cardassian Recruit" species with these four fixed traits, it enhances the overall synergy with everything Cryptic is doing right now.

Not sure if the debuff to Diplomacy and buff to Espionage is possible but it's there to support the idea that nobody really WANTS to deal with a Cardassian Diplomat right now because of their history both as an occupier and an occupied Dominion foothold while also pushing the idea of Cardassians as masters of stealth and strategy.

Like I say, "real" Cardassians later would have more flexibility but this just represents a taste with career soldiers who sign up with the Feds and KDF as a result of the current FE series, a subset of Cardassians.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-01-2012, 02:46 PM
I agree with Cardassians in SF because they had one in the Star Trek Titan book as an officer. Afterall a few of the colonies on the DMZ were cardassians who became federation citizens.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-01-2012, 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yavin_Prime View Post
I agree with Cardassians in SF because they had one in the Star Trek Titan book as an officer. Afterall a few of the colonies on the DMZ were cardassians who became federation citizens.
I agree with it becauseof the game lore. Plus, with Klingons doing so much weird cloak and dagger stuff there and Cardassians giving them their old surplus ships, I'd say there's a case to be made for both sides.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-01-2012, 03:06 PM
While I would like to have Cardassians (and Romulans btw) as playble species, I donīt like the traits you assigned to them. Not every Cardassian is Gul Dukat or Garak. The cold-blooded thing is alright though.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-01-2012, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashur1
While I would like to have Cardassians (and Romulans btw) as playble species, I donīt like the traits you assigned to them. Not every Cardassian is Gul Dukat or Garak. The cold-blooded thing is alright though.
My point is... They want to hold off on giving Feds or Klingons the full Cardassian experience. So, much like BOs do this, I was thinking a very limited form of Cardassian would be ideal for what would amount to a promo. My idea isn't supposed to feel like a full species unlock but like an appetizer to drum up excitement for in-game happenings.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-01-2012, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
My point is... They want to hold off on giving Feds or Klingons the full Cardassian experience. So, much like BOs do this, I was thinking a very limited form of Cardassian would be ideal for what would amount to a promo. My idea isn't supposed to feel like a full species unlock but like an appetizer to drum up excitement for in-game happenings.
Maybe as a Boff ? Though I certainly donīt want Mr Backstab on my crew, lol. The bloodsucking Reman is enough. :p

Iīm not entirely opposed to your concept, just the specific traits. If they would come pre-made, that would be okay, as long as itīs not that specific.

Iīd much rather see a full species nonetheless.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-01-2012, 03:18 PM
a lockbox style race unlock isnt realy a bad idea, the trates you've put up seem massively OP to me, but hay thats just me.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-01-2012, 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohort View Post
a lockbox style race unlock isnt realy a bad idea, the trates you've put up seem massively OP to me, but hay thats just me.
They're all at about half effectiveness per boost but affect more stats. I was looking at it kinda like the android BOff, where they gave it a smattering of lots of game affecting stats. But less OP than the android BOff.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-02-2012, 02:17 AM
I would love to see Cardassians with unique traits and not aliens as playable.