Lt. Commander
# 1 Doffs that beam down turrets
03-01-2012, 02:04 PM
Just wondering - do the doffs that give you a chance to beam down additional turrets proc when an away team member deploys a turret?

I.e. if I have 2 turret engineers in my team and they each put down a turret, do they both have a chance at getting an additional turret if I have the doff?

Second question - if you have more than 1 doff with that ability on active duty, do they stack? I.e. 20% chance becomes 40% chance?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-01-2012, 02:26 PM
You have a chance to get an additional Turret when someone on your team creates one. It doesn't happen unless someone creates the Turret.

I don't know about the second part. I was under the assumption that you could only have 1 DOFF per type. IE, only 1 DOFF could be slotted that adds to the extra Turret. I'll have to check on that.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-01-2012, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
I was under the assumption that you could only have 1 DOFF per type. IE, only 1 DOFF could be slotted that adds to the extra Turret. I'll have to check on that.
Nope, you can assign multiple.

See this screenshot, I just did this on my science captain: http://oi39.tinypic.com/sblklt.jpg

That's 3x Energy Weapons Officer and 2x Projectile Weapons Officer on active duty.

Granted those are for Space Duty, I haven't tried it with Ground but it works in space. I'm not sure if the bonuses are stacking at all, haven't really played around with it.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-01-2012, 03:24 PM
i'm prty sure the doffs only affect the captain's powers not Boffs or team mates.

but some ground doff types can have up to 3 slotted (security officer can be added atleast twice)
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-01-2012, 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingwaffle123
Nope, you can assign multiple.

See this screenshot, I just did this on my science captain: http://oi39.tinypic.com/sblklt.jpg

That's 3x Energy Weapons Officer and 2x Projectile Weapons Officer on active duty.

Granted those are for Space Duty, I haven't tried it with Ground but it works in space. I'm not sure if the bonuses are stacking at all, haven't really played around with it.
This actually depends on the DOFF Specialization. Some do allow multiple postings of the same kind, but others, (such as the one that give the extra turret, I know, I tried...) are limited to one, as multiple active assignments are too unbalance to play...
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-01-2012, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohort View Post
i'm prty sure the doffs only affect the captain's powers not Boffs or team mates.

but some ground doff types can have up to 3 slotted (security officer can be added atleast twice)
I just got the medics from one of my Boff's using a hypospray, so it's not just the captain's abilities.

I guess that answers my questions
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-01-2012, 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grouchy.Otaku
This actually depends on the DOFF Specialization. Some do allow multiple postings of the same kind, but others, (such as the one that give the extra turret, I know, I tried...) are limited to one, as multiple active assignments are too unbalance to play...
Does having multiples stack the bonus though? I got 3 Energy Weapons Officers on space duty, does that mean I have a more likely chance to trigger the subsystem targetting cooldown reduction? Or is there no benefit from having 3?
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-01-2012, 04:04 PM
The DOFF that allow multiple active assignments, the abilities do not stack... Instead you get multiple chances (So 3 DOFF with the same ability has 3 chances to trigger the effect, and in very rare events, can actually trigger 3 abilities being used...)
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-01-2012, 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grouchy.Otaku
The DOFF that allow multiple active assignments, the abilities do not stack... Instead you get multiple chances (So 3 DOFF with the same ability has 3 chances to trigger the effect, and in very rare events, can actually trigger 3 abilities being used...)
Sweet....does anybody know if you can have more than one turret doff on duty?
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-01-2012, 08:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingwaffle123
Sweet....does anybody know if you can have more than one turret doff on duty?
Only one Armory Officers DOFF can be be on duty.