Lt. Commander
# 1 Two Bridge Officer Slots
03-01-2012, 02:10 PM
I'm tempted to purchase the 'Two Bridge Officer Slots' from the C-Store, though I'd like to run by it with a question before hand, save me buying in the wrong. It's only 200 points, and I've 600 to use. The other 400 is probably going to go on the Delta Flyer or a Caitian.

Anyway, I'm an Upper Admiral (level 48) and have 7 bridge officers (including my character). Is the C-Store purchase of Two Bridge Officer Slots in addition to those seven, or is it meant to be for earlier players who can't wait till they get to a higher rank?

The way I figure it, buying this item allows for 9 bridge officers (of which I would be able to rotate at my leisure). You can't have any more than two types of any officer per any ship as it stands, though (for arguments sake), if I had three tactical officers, along with a Galaxy and Defiant, I could have one Tac officer set up with everything for phasers, another set up with everything for pulse weapons, and another that would work on other aspects of tactical.

But yeah... am I right in assuming what I'm thinking?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-01-2012, 02:13 PM
Buying 2 more slots would increase your number from 6 Boffs to 8. Keep in mind that purchase is per-character, though. If you make another character he will not get the extra BOFF slots. You will need to buy the increase again for another character - assuming you want it again.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-01-2012, 08:34 PM
It adds 2 bridge officers to one character per purchase.

If you go to your bridge, you'll notice some 'generic crew' on bigger bridges. Purchasing extra bridge officers allows you to replace those generic crew with your own customized BOFFs (provided they're the right type). The largest Fed Bridge shows off 13 BOFFs, the largest KDF 14.

Also, having extra BOFFs allows you to rotate between ships easier, as you can have certain BOFFs set for certain ships - or for ground (if you have a BOFF with all the space skills you want, but later get a better ground officer, you don't have to dismiss the former).

There are many reasons for extra BOFF slots, but it's mainly convenience.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-01-2012, 11:39 PM
i have 14 active BO so i got more of these then most
what fed ship shows 13?
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-02-2012, 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by qultar View Post
i have 14 active BO so i got more of these then most
what fed ship shows 13?