Lt. Commander
# 1 In-Game Chat
03-01-2012, 04:07 PM
Idk what is going on or if its just me but in the mouth of januray when I returned after the F2P I notice that zone and local chat where booming now it is march and well I notice that when I am in Frist City or Well anywhere for that matter in the main Sectors its is completely quiet I am not recieveing any messages from Zone or Local and they are both activated. What I want to know is it possable I was baned and if for what reasn as I haven't recieved any notice. Yet I note I only seem to recieve zones messages from players if that player is on my friends list. I use to hear it from both friends and nonfriends.

This is my frist tie on the fourm so forgive me if I am not sure where to post this.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-01-2012, 04:14 PM
Are you a 'Silver' Account???

According to the F2P Matrix, 'Silver' accounts ability to use 'Chat' are limited until certain conditions are met...

http://www.startrekonline.com/f2p_features
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-01-2012, 04:17 PM
Yes I use to be free but I bought credits in the store and was told that tat made me a silver account Idk what is going on. And wat requirements?
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-01-2012, 04:22 PM
Put your mouse pointer over the '?' for the catagory to see what it says...

If you have a C-Point Balance (with C-Points purchased with $$$, as Promotional Points from the Dilithium Exchange don't count for this) then your suppose to have chat access. If this is the case, then you should make a support ticket so that your account can be corrected...
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-01-2012, 04:23 PM
When you post a ticket isn't it suppose to show up on that list that shows which tickets you have?
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-01-2012, 04:39 PM
I've got the same problem man, its not just you. I'm some what happy that its not just me. Worst part for me is I meet every single requirement that the matrix lists. And yet, no local/zone/other chat channels, I get team chat and fleet chat.

my bug thread

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=257745
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-01-2012, 05:34 PM
I'm curious, are the two of you also experiencing issues with merging your Cryptic account(s) with a PWE account?
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-01-2012, 05:37 PM
What doyou mean mergeing accounts? I don't have a pwe account I just have a cyptic account.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-01-2012, 08:43 PM
Dont have a pwe account either, always log in via cryptic option. However I cant log in right now to see if anything has changed, but that is due to other pc problems as Opaserv could tell you.

Still though, for me it seemed the game is thinking I'm a "new" silver account, when in fact I myself am a former gold, which means I shouldnt be having this issue. Sounds like Anesya is also a former gold account.

A few pages back in gameplay bug section of the forum there is a topic about something very similar to this issue, a dev posted there that they are looking into the problem. But that was some time ago.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-01-2012, 11:03 PM
No I am not gold account. Tho My account is from the beta. I recently purchased c points useing 25 dollar gift card. And ontop of that I am on this gave for at lest 7 or 8 hours a day so I gotta meet the 20 hour matrix mark Not to mention I did buy 5 Master Keys from the C-store