Lt. Commander
In this week's episode of STOked, Chris sits down to talk with Designer Jeremy Randall.

Link to the news article.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-28-2012, 11:42 AM
I thought it was a pretty good episode seeing that STOked is started to revert back to pre-100 it seems.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-28-2012, 11:44 AM
Great episode as always, and Dstahl is going to be in next weeks ep, woo.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-28-2012, 12:09 PM
Nice one! Liking the short and snappy format. Though part of me misses seeing foundry missions rated to two decimal places.

Congrats on the set ownership Jeremy. BRING ON THE SHIELD!

I thought Reman with Jem engines on my MVAE looked S**T HOTT!! Did a ton of screenshots around the wormhole and DS9.

Man this is such a pretty game.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-28-2012, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brackynews View Post
Nice one! Liking the short and snappy format. Though part of me misses seeing foundry missions rated to two decimal places.

Congrats on the set ownership Jeremy. BRING ON THE SHIELD!

I thought Reman with Jem engines on my MVAE looked S**T HOTT!! Did a ton of screenshots around the wormhole and DS9.

Man this is such a pretty game.
Oh well.
I suppose my dreams of a time-ship are coming true.... the Delta Flyer is going to look very 29th Century with this effect.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-28-2012, 03:20 PM
At the beginning he said something like he tried to make the episode as short as he possibly could. Why? Does he think people want really short episodes?
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-28-2012, 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
At the beginning he said something like he tried to make the episode as short as he possibly could. Why? Does he think people want really short episodes?
Shorter perhaps isn't the best word. I'd tend to want to call it "Tighter".

I'll admit, if a podcast is particularly long and filled with... "greebles" (to borrow an artistic term...) then I'm more likely to skip through it until I get to something I find interesting. The same rule applies with any digital arts showreels that fall across my desk - I'm really not interested in 45-second, self-gratifying introductions that fluff up the editor's ego without offering me anything substantial. If I'm not interested and have my attention grabbed within a few seconds, I'm going to either dismiss the showreel outright, or... if there is something that makes me think content of worth is still to be found... I'll skip in by two minutes and see what I get.

There one or two podcasts in the STO community that are guilty of this.

With STO's recent 'content drought', and the brief hiatus of STOked for that stated reason, you could hardly call one-episode-per-week a deluge of new material. Would I prefer a solid hour of great, in-depth podcast filled with lots of fantastic segments and analysis? Absolutely. But that might not be possible, in which case I'd prefer to watch 30 minutes of solid, tightly produced material than 60 minutes of hit-and-miss.

Just my two cents.

Great show, Chris. And as ever, it's nice to see the J-Man back in the nest.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-28-2012, 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koppenflak
Shorter perhaps isn't the best word. I'd tend to want to call it "Tighter".
His word, not mine. If you disagree with him thats fine, but its him your disagreeing with not me.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-28-2012, 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
His word, not mine. If you disagree with him thats fine, but its him your disagreeing with not me.
Not at all. Im just thinking (aloud) on why he might have said it.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-28-2012, 10:08 PM
I also interpreted shorter to reflect a tighter presentation. At only a few seconds shy of 24 minutes. Not every episode warrants a lot of set-up. This one was concise and took us right into Tactical View. A future episode may very well warrant additional set-up and even run for an hour. That's okay, too.

Something I noted is that the Featured Episodes are no longer interpreted as a complete play-through. No longer spoiling the overall plot line. IMO, this is wise until the arc is complete and everyone can consider the whole thing. Always good to see Borticus. To confirm what we've been told repeatedly about new hires. It takes a while to settle in and be assigned projects to help move the game forward. No one can snap their fingers and magically do everything that needs done in short order. It was also nice to hear the satisfaction from his contribution thus far.

I look forward to the mystery guest for next week.