Lt. Commander
# 51
03-02-2012, 07:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meowitup
When you are running a business and provide a service to paying customers it is not a good idea to say one thing and then do another or provide a substandard service, doesnt matter what that service is even if it is just a game, still involves people forking over real cash, those who decide to pay up anyway..
Sure it's not a good idea but it happens. Major companies mess up, services go down all the time. Most of the time you don't even know it's gone down because you're not using it. Real world standards are that things will go wrong. Spots of bad luck happen where things don't go your way, it happens in business and crying about it won't change a thing.
Lt. Commander
# 52
03-02-2012, 07:41 AM
yeah things happen, but this often?, i only been here about 3weeks and ive never seen anything like this in any game ive played before (edit), the amount of crashes and offtime i mean.
Lt. Commander
# 53
Just a quick point:-

The patch notes say they are working on the crypic accounts also during downtime.

*wonders if they did THAT early* and therein is the problem?
Lt. Commander
# 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by plusseven View Post
Seriously, get over it guys. It's not like you're being forced to pay $20 a month and still have to deal with it. I lost STF progress too but it takes 10 minutes to do it again so quit whining and find something constructive to do while they give us more to play with.
I was a life time member before f2p so i have the right to complain as loud as i want.
Lt. Commander
# 55
03-02-2012, 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdjohnston
Things like this happen but It would be nice if someone from Cryptic acknowledges this early downtime.

Not even an apology just an acknowledgement.

Even just a simple post on this thread.
Which makes it even more likely that it is not an early maintenance, but one of those crashs if have heard rumors about.
Not that we have seen any of those recently.
Lt. Commander
# 56
03-02-2012, 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paspinall View Post
ASSUMING it was maint starting early.
Well, 20 minutes AFTER such a hypothetical crash (less than 1 hour before maintenance and patching, how convenient) , someone at Cryptics could have jumped on the Cryptic Ops forum account and told us about the crash, don't you think?

I am sure this is early maintenance.
Lt. Commander
# 57
03-02-2012, 07:43 AM
I guess its time to watch a movie.
Lt. Commander
# 58
03-02-2012, 07:45 AM
ye complaining wont do anything

i very doubt they shut down the server just for funs and to **** people off,it was either a technical problem or someone pushed the red button becouse it may be the best thing at the time to prevent some problem even bigger?

now the server is down,wait for it to come up,go whatch some star trek tv shows or movies,and the servers will be back up before you even notice it.
Lt. Commander
# 59
03-02-2012, 07:46 AM
Your incompetence shines through once again cryptic, don't it.......
Lt. Commander
# 60
03-02-2012, 07:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckless2136
I was a life time member before f2p so i have the right to complain as loud as i want.
I was pay to play from release but big deal. The skinny of the situation is that things go wrong. They can go wrong often or they can go wrong once in a while. ISPs drop the ball for days at a time without realising it, service providers for online softwares can have massive server dropouts for hours on end even when customers are paying them thousands of dollars. Even redundant backup systems aren't a 100% guarantee. I've worked in those kinds of environments and while it's not pretty, it's real and it happens.

But who cares? it's 40 minutes. Make a sandwich and have a shower and you've made that time up anyway.
Closed Thread